- Product: Cross-Product
- Relevant for Installation Type: Hosted (and Local)
[Note: See also the Canada Data Center Migration FAQ article.]
To ensure the best long-term support for our Canadian Customers, we have decided to move to a different data center vendor.
As a result, Ex Libris will migrate its Markham ON environment to a new data center over the weekend on 30-31 December 2023. Please note that a system downtime of up to 24 hours is expected – December 30 6:00 AM CST – December 31 6:00 AM CST (Central Standard Time, UTC-6).
The new Ex Libris data center will be in Woodbridge ON, in the facilities of a top-tier data center provider, which will also provide us improved stability.
The Ex Libris team will work closely with affected customers to make this transition as smooth as possible for you and the patrons that you serve. We have put together a few resources to provide you with more information and to share recommended preparations ahead of the migration:
Update Webinar (TBD)
We will continue updating you with additional information over the coming months, including updates to the Knowledge Center pages referenced above.
We understand that this change is an inconvenience for customers, and your patience and trust are appreciated. As always, thank you for your continued partnership.
For any questions on the following recommendations, please contact us at: CandaDC-Migration@clarivate.com.
1. Prepare a message in advance to post on Primo discovery site.
a. How to add a footer to Primo - Using Primo VE
b. How to add a footer to Primo - Using BO
c. How to add a message using the sign-in alert bar in Primo and Primo VE
2. Prepare a message in advance to post in Leganto
3. Change all item loan due dates which might fall during the closure to be after the closure:
a. How to globally change lending loan due dates to a future dates (bulk change due dates)
b. The letter FulItemChangeDueDateLetter (Loan Status Notice) and the job Bulk Change Due Date
c. How to change the due date of a loan and send letter to patron after changing the calendar (using job Loans - Due Date Correction after Calendar Change)
4. If desired officially close the library:
- How to close the library for a specified or non-specified period of time using the Alma Calendar Management
5. Use the "offline circulation" during the closure time if patrons will still come to library
- Article last edited: 12-Sep-2023