- Product: Intota
Collections that are not in the Knowledgebase - can I include them in discovery tools such as the E-Journal Portal?
Many libraries choose to integrate collections that are not in the Knowledgebase. For example, for print holdings to be discoverable in the E-Journal Portal and 360 Link link resolver, a custom holdings database in Intota is needed.A couple notes about these custom databases in relation to particular discovery services:
- Summon and 360 Link: please review some issues that can arise when using library-specific holdings databases.
- 360 Search: a custom database will not appear in your database lists.
You can use one of two different processes to get titles into a library-specific holdings database:
- Create and add to your own library-specific holdings database (holdings will be available to you and your patrons within 24 hours) -- see Create a Library-Specific Holdings Database -- Overview;
- Work with ProQuest to extract holdings from your OPAC and upload them into a library-specific database (a process that can take several weeks depending on the complexity of the extraction) -- see Exporting Print Holdings Information From Your OPAC.
- Date Created: 23-Jun-2014
- Last Edited Date: 25-Jun-2014
- Old Article Number: 10956