This page is intended only for users who have administrative permissions.
Managing Users for Pivot-RP
This page provides information on how add user accounts, claim profiles, and convert a user account to an administrator account.
To create an account for a user, select Create account on the User Accounts Report page (Admin > Reports > Accounts > User Accounts).
Enter the user's name (middle name is not required) and email address and select Create Account. The account is created.
Select Claim profile on the User Accounts Report page (Admin > Reports > Accounts > User Accounts) and follow the same procedure that a user follows when claiming or creating a profile (see Claiming or Creating Your Profile).
Creating an Admin User
The User Accounts page allows you to change an existing faculty user account to an admin user account and to assign various privileges that are permitted for that administrator.
On the User Accounts Report page (Admin > Reports > Accounts > User Accounts) search for a user and then select make admin in a user's row to make the user an administrator (if the user is already an administrator, this option does not appear for that user). The 'Admin features for' page appears, enabling you to select or clear specific privileges from the administrator.Admin Features For
The privilege Basic Admin Account Feature is selected by default and cannot be removed. View the tooltip in this row to see the actions granted by this privilege. The other privileges refer to other areas of administrator that are covered in this guide, and are self-explanatory.
Select any additional privileges to grant this administrator. As noted in the confirmation dialog box, the user must log in and out of Pivot-RP before these changes take effect. The privileges you can select are:
- Basic Admin Account Features – Various admin only actions within Pivot-RP, such as the following: see list of users interested in an opportunity, add saved searches and opportunities to users, see which opportunities a user marked active or tracked, see users who received an opportunity as an alert, see what users did with opportunities that you shared with them, open Education & Training links, and see publication, grant and patent statistics.
- Custom Branding – Customize the Pivot-RP user interface.
- Access Reports on the Admin Page – See reports in the Admin dashboard.
- Manage Funding Opportunity (Internal) Notes – Add notes to funding opportunities.
- Add/Edit Internal Deadlines – Add or edit deadlines in funding opportunities.
- Manage Funding Opportunity (Internal) Global Notes – Add a global note that appears in all funding opportunities.
- Manage Announcements – Add or edit system-wide announcements.
- Manage Newsletters – Create and manage newsletters.
- Manage Internal Funding – Create and manage internal opportunities.
- Set Institution Wide Filters – Configure global search settings that apply, by default, to all user searches.
- Access the Search Widget – Access and customize the funding opportunity search widget.
- Curate Funding Opportunity Lists – Create curated lists of funding opportunities and searches,
- Export Profiles and Accounts – Export lists of profiles and accounts.
- Manage Profiles – Manage other user's profiles.
- Create and Access Downloadable Profiles Report – Create and access a downloadable report on profiles.
- Create and Manage Administrative Accounts – Manage other administrators.
- Manage Public Groups – Create public groups.
- Manage Embedded Search Results – Create embedded search results.
- Manage Full Text URLs – Enter configuration information to enable full text linking.
- Manage RP News – Create and manage RP news.
Select Save, and select Continue in the confirmation dialog box.
Once an account has been converted to an admin account, you must use the Admin Accounts page (Admin > Institutional Settings > Admin Accounts) to modify its privilege settings or to remove administrator status.Admin Accounts Page
To add or remove select privileges from an administrator: On the Admin Accounts page, select edit/view details in the user's row and follow the instructions above. The user must log in and out of Pivot-RP before these changes take effect.
To remove all administrator privileges from an administrator: On the Admin Accounts page, select Remove admin status in the user's row and select Yes in the confirmation dialog box. The user is no longer an administrator. The user must log in and out of Pivot-RP before these changes take effect.