- Product: Summon
How do I configure the Database Recommender settings within the Summon service?
- Note that de-selecting the Active checkbox will hide a resource from the two primary triggers described in the Recommendation overview article.
The resource Description will be included with the database recommendation appearing on the Summon results page. Summon includes default descriptions for most databases. You may customize these in the Database Details screen in the Client Center or Intota by entering your own description text in the "Custom Database Description" field (Client Center) / "Database Description" field (Intota). Click here for further details about the Client Center's Database Details page, click here for Intota.
- Use the Tags section to create search terms/keywords that you want to trigger this database recommendation. A resource can have as many tags as you would like.
- Use the Community Tags section to hide any search terms/keywords that two or more libraries are currently using as triggers. Click on Block to hide a community tag.
- Only one Best Bet will appear at a time. Please keep this in mind when tagging them.
- The default number of database recommendations is two.
- The Best Bet does not take up a database recommendation slot. For example, you can have one Best Bet and two database recommendations display at the same time.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 28-Dec-2020
- Old Article Number: 8750