- Product: Summon
Why doesn't the Summon service find a particular article or ebook from one of my subscription databases?
The Summon service indexes select, full-text resources as well as comprehensive, cover-to-cover, full-text resources. Because of the select indexing process, there may be partial coverage or no coverage of a journal's articles for periods of time in the Summon index. Therefore, subscribing to a particular run of a title in the Client Center or Intota does not guarantee that the whole selection of articles will be indexed in Summon.
There are three main reasons why an article or e-book from one of your subscriptions may not appear among Summon results:
- The item may not have been ingested into the Summon index because the publisher failed to send its metadata in the most recent update. This situation may be corrected in the next ingestion update.
- The provider might not have rights to the particular item. This is rare, but occurs occasionally.
- Our knowledgebase (360 KB) contains incorrect information for the publication.
Before contacting ProQuest, verify that the holdings to which you subscribe have been correctly added to your Client Center or Intota profile. Holdings in the Client Center are visible in the Data Management area of the Client Center; holdings in Intota are visible from the Resources menu in Intota. Check to make sure your profile is tracking the correct resources. If the resources in question are on the list, send us a request to add the missing content (see below).
Client Center: Including Select Titles Within a Database; Intota: Including Select Titles Within a Database
Request Missing Content
To request an investigation into content that you think should be present in Summon, use the Support Portal available from the More Sites drop-down menu above:
- Select Product: Summon Index.
- Select Category: Client Content / Content Issue
- Select Subject: Missing Content
- Include the complete citation of missing article or book: title, publication title, publisher, author, publish date, vol, iss, edition, page.
- If there is a URL that goes to the content, enter it in the Relevant URL field.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 11-Nov-2016
- Old Article Number: 8817