- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.1
* Sometimes saving a new record results in ?Unable to save record.?
* Problem persists until client is restarted.
This behavior is the result of issue 16384-21857.
Issue 16384-21857 is resolved in Voyager 8.2.1.
If you are on Voyager 8.2.1 and are experiencing symptoms of this issue, please open a Support Incident to request the fix for this issue.
1. In SysAdmin > Cataloging > Authority Duplicate Detection Profiles, create or find a profile with the following values:
a. Duplicate handling = Replace
b. Cancellation = <any value>
c. Duplicate Warn / Replace = 100
d. Field Definitions tab: select indexes that will match (A10A, A35A, ATID, etc.). with Field Weight = 100
2. Add the profile to the Cataloging Policy Definition.
3. In Cataloging, set the Authority Duplicate Detection profile in Options > Preferences.
4. Import an Authority record from attached file.
5. Save to DB.
6. Import the same record again.
7. The record will replace the record in the database.
8. Now import a bib record that will not match/replace an existing bib but be added as a new record.
9. Receive ?Unable to save record.?
10. New records cannot be added until client closed & reopened.
11. After reopening client, same record can be imported and saved to database.
12. Problem recurs the next time you replace an authority record in the client.
Workaround: Log out of client and log in again.
Other information: Problem does not occur if bib record has duplicate in database.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013