Error when loading record ID file in GDC
- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
* MFHD IDs are in text file
* In Global Data Change, use Record Set > Specific Records to load file.
* Error saying that file does not exist
* If you have a location code DELETE in SysAdmin, GDC cannot execute that change.
This behavior is the result of Known Issue 16384-20241.
Issue 16384-20241 is currently in Development.
1. In SysAdmin, find or create a location (System > Locations) with location code DELETE.
2. In GDC, create a Data Change Rule Set such that the consequence is
a. Replace String with String
b. Field 852 subfield b
c. Replace string: [existing location code, i.e., main]
d. With string: DELETE
3. Preview your change. Note that the change is executed, but the after record shows
rather than the new location code DELETE. The change fails when the job is executed.
Workaround: Do not use the word ?DELETE? in the rule structure. Instead, make the change in 2 steps:
1. Create one Data Change Rule Set to change location code to xyzDELETE.
2. Create a second Data Change Rule Set to replace string xyzD with string D.
Put both Data Change Rule Sets into the same Data Change Rule Set Group, with the initial change to xyzDELETE first.
Category: Global data change (GDC)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013