- Product: Voyager
How to create new keyword search index definition and have it appear in the Cataloging Client and/or the OPAC, or edit an existing keyword search index definition?
In System Administration > Search > Indexes - Keyword Definitions
- Click New to create new definition.
- Fill in required information:
- Index tab: provide unique 4-character alphanumeric search code, search name
- Definitions tab: Type in 3-digit tag plus 1-character subfield code for each field/subfield to be indexed
- Sort Order tab: Choose primary, secondary & tertiary sort for non-relevance searches on this index
- Search Results tab: Choose fields from BIB_TEXT to display in search results list.
- Check OPAC Suppress and Staff Suppress checkboxes as desired.
- Click Save.
To edit an existing keyword index:
- Highlight an index and click Edit to update existing keyword definition.
- Definitions tab: add or remove field/subfields to be indexed by this search index.
- Click Save.
See System Administration User's Guide for additional information.
You do not need to re-index your database when you add a new keyword search index definition. For example, you can add a search index for the Notes field (500a). You will need to close your Cataloging Client and reopen it to see the index in the "Builder" tab after you create and save your new index.
Similarly, you will need to totally close out your browser to test your new index in WebVoyage.
Follow same procedure for holdings keyword indexes in System Administration > Search > Indexes - Holdings Keyword Definitions
Note that some 4 character codes are "reserved" and may not be used in the "Code" box when creating a New Search Index. See: Reserved Search Code article.
- Article last edited: 18-Oct-2019