- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
How do I re-install (uninstall) the Voyager clients?
Save off any important files such as the voyager.ini file before proceeding. See: Which files should I preserve when installing new clients?
- Reboot your system before beginning.
- Use the Voyager Installer to completely un-install all Voyager clients on workstation: VoyagerInstall.exe > Run > Remove (the Windows System Settings > Add or Remove Programs might be used if VoyagerInstall.exe is not available)
- Totally delete the
C:\Voyagerdirectory completely (or whatever directory the clients are currently installed in on the PC)
- Optional: Clean the Windows Registry with a Registry cleaner.
- Search Windows Explorer for
voy*.dlland delete all files found.
- Reboot the workstation again.
- Download to the local hard drive a clean copy of the clients from the Knowledge Center: Home > Voyager > Implementation Guides > [version] > VoyagerInstall.exe
- Install the clients using an account on the PC with administrative privileges: VoyagerInstall.exe > Run > Install > follow prompts to complete installation (please see Overview of Voyager client installation process for detailed client installation steps).
- Depending on user's workstation permissions, may need to right-click > "Run as Administrator" first time each module is opened.
You do not need to uninstall your existing clients if you are simply updating them to a new version of Voyager (as in the case of a server upgrade).
Article last edited: 29-Sep-2019