- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How do I import a SQL query into Voyager Prepackaged Access Reports?
- Open your Reports.MDB file and open the Queries Category in the left-hand pane.
- Click on "Create"
- Click on Query Design.
- You will see the Show Table pane.
- Click on the "x" in the upper right corner to close the pane.
- Right-click at the top of the Query pane where you see "Query1"
- In the drop-down select "SQL View"
- Copy and paste your SQL code into the Query1 pane.
- Make sure you paste the code over what you see in the Query1 pane so that you do not duplicate the "SELECT;" command.
- Right-click again at the top of the pane where you see "Query1", click on "Save" and provide a Query Name.
- Navigate in the left-hand pane to the Query Name you provided and run your new query.
Note that a similar workflow using "SQL VIew" can be used to "copy" and "paste" custom queries from one Reports.MDB file to a different Reports.MDB file (you can also use the MS Access export and import functions to do this).
- Article last edited: 23-Sep-2019