- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 10.2
- Relevant for Installation Type: All
After upgrading to Voyager 10.2 connection to Voyager using Oracle 10g client produces error "ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol" and "Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed (#0)".
The Voyager server requires some additional configuration in order for the ODBC 10g drivers to work with Voyager 10.2.
The steps included below can be run by a server Administrator, or you can contact Support and we will run the steps for you.
The following configurations should be performed as the oracle user:
- Log into the voyager server as oracle
- Open the file /exlibris/oracle/app/oracle/product/<oracle version>/network/admin/sqlnet.ora and add the following line:
- Log into sqlplus as sysdba:
sqlplus '/ as sysdba'
- In sqlplus run the following commands using your own read only user and read only password:
alter user <read only user> identified by <read only password>
- Restart the Oracle listener:
- Re-attempt connecting to Voyager using ODBC with Oracle 10g drivers.
- Article last edited: 5/26/2020