- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9
What methods are available for creating Record Sets in Global Data Change (GDC)?
GDC has 4 options for creating record sets:
- Create Scan Rule Sets and execute GDC Scan Job to create a set. Can be used for all types of MARC records.
- Select specific MARC records by record ID. Can be used for all types of MARC records.
- Search. Can be used for Bibliographic records only.
- Run Match Job using external file of records. Can be used for Bibliographic or Authority records only. Available in Voyager 9.0.0 and higher.
Refine record set to be as specific as possible before executing Data Change Jobs against set. See Global Data Change document for additional GDC Suggested Best Practices.
See also Global Data Change document, "Record Selection"
GDC: Create Record Set Using Match Job
- Article last edited: 03-Sep-2014