- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
Bug Report Issue 16384-18177
Modules: SysAdmin (also affects WebVoyage)
Releases replicated in: 7.0.1 - 8.1.1
Last version without bug: n/a
Expected results: SysAdmin would not allow you to save a search index with a search code less than 4 characters.
Actual results: SysAdmin allows you to save keyword definitions with search codes less than 4 characters.
SEARCHPARM.SEARCHCODE is defined as CHAR(4) in data dictionary, indicating a fixed-length value of 4 characters. Composite definitions enforce the 4-character search code length.
Workflow implications: Keyword searches in Tomcat WebVoyage using indexes with search codes fewer than 4 characters fail, causing all subsequent searches to fail until a new browser session is started.
1. SysAdmin > Search > Indexes – Keyword Definitions, create a new search index.
2. Give the index a 2- or 3-character search code, add the remaining information (Name, Search Definitions, Search Results) and click Save.
3. You will be allowed to save this index.
4. In WebVoyage, search using this search index. You will be given the error message “Could not retrieve search results” and all subsequent keyword searches will fail until a new browser session is started.
Other information: This is also applicable to Indexes – Holdings Keyword Definitions.
Workaround: Operators must ensure that all definitions have a 4-character search code when created. Delete and recreate any existing keyword definitions with fewer than 4 characters in the search code.
Fixed in the Sys Admin client for 8.2.0.
- Article last edited: 3/4/2015