- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.0.0
Should I keyword index when I run a data change job in Global Data Change (GDC)?
In deciding which option to choose, consider:
- The size of the record set being changed.**
- For small set of records, “Run records through keyword index” is more expedient.
- For large set of records, dynamic.dc file growth may slow the process. Choose “Do not run records through keyword index” and run a keyword regen later
- Database size.
- Small databases may be able to choose “Run records through keyword index” every time.
- Large databases may need to skip keyword indexing and run keyword index regens later.
- The current size of your dynamic keyword file.
** "Small" and "large" are relative terms - the impact of a record set of a certain size varies based on a number of factors (e.g., current condition of keyword files, available resources, other processes on server, etc.). A set of 10,000 records may be "small" in one context and "large" in another.