About This Guide
- How to use the App Manager to configure and publish your Library Mobile app
- How to access and manage the App Manager
App Services are the heart of your app. The app provides integrations to a range of Ex Libris Library Services – Primo, Alma, and Leganto. Other services can be incorporated into the app. Services are accessed in the app through tiles.
The following types of services are available:
- Basic – A non-functional tile, or one that links to another service or URL.
A basic service is a tile with text or a tile that the end-user selects to open a link.
- Static Content – A service that presents a page of information, or a menu of information pages. Each option in the menu is a) a sub-menu, b) a link to another service or URL, or c) a static page of information. These are also known as pocket guides.
A static content service tile is text, a picture, or both. The end-user selects the tile and sees the page with HTML, pictures, text, and so forth. Alternately, the end-user sees a menu with options to view pages (with HTML and so forth), open other services, or open a sub-menu.
- Feed – A service that provides dynamic syndicated content from one or more RSS feeds. Unlike a basic or static content service, a feed tile presents dynamic information on the tile itself. The end-user can view the dynamic information without selecting the tile. The end-user can select a link on the tile to open other contents (such as in a web browser).
- Banner – A service that presents an image marquee. The images can link to another service or URL.
Like a feed service, a banner tile presets dynamic contents even before the end-user selects the tile. When configured, the end-user can select one of the rotating images to open some other service or content.
- Product Integration – A service that provides other dynamic content.
- End-users refers to the people who use the app, including students, visiting parents, instructors, and staff.
- Users refers to the users of the App Manager and does not include end-users.
- Administrators refers to the users of the App Manager who manage other App Manager users (can add/change/delete user permissions). Administrators also work together with Ex Libris to create the initial Library Mobile installation and link the App Manager to existing institution backend servers, such as LDAP.
Library Mobile enables you to communicate with your end-users as well as receive communication from your end-users.
Communication to End-Users
Communication from End-Users
- Problems - Problems with the app. You configure a list of problem categories for the end-user to select along with his or her feedback.
- Ideas – Ideas for the app.
- Feedback – Any other feedback.