- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Aleph
- Product Version: 20, 21, 22, 23
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local;
How to start with a “clean slate” in the GUI Course Reserves module? We need to remove all courses and documents currently in the web based Course Reserves module for the xxx30 library. What services and/or other processes need to be run to accomplish this?
(Note: This procedure could also be used to entirely remove a Course library.)
Note: If you don't want to delete all the courses/docs/items, but to just remove obsolete courses/docs/items, please consult the article " Cleaning up Course records **MASTER RECORD** " instead.
To delete all the courses/docs/items do the following:
1. Back up the xxx30 library and the z103, z108, and z30 tables in the xxx50 library using p_file_03.
2. In the xxx50, deactivate all the courses using the course-05 Service. (This presumes that the z108_date_to for all the courses is less than today. If not, you may need to do something with SQL to make it less than today.)
2. Run p_course_03, with the option "Take Items off Reserve" checked. That way, the connection of items to Reserves docs will be eliminated.
3. Do the following SQL in the xxx50 library to confirm that there are no longer any links to Course Reserve doc records:
SQL-xxx50> select z103_rec_key, z103_rec_key_1 from z103 where Z103_REC_KEY_1 like 'XXX30%'; <where XXX30 is the Course library>
The result should be: "No rows found."
4. Do util a/17/1 ALL for each xxx30 library.
5. Do util a/17/1 for the z108 for each xxx50 library. (Make sure you don't do "ALL" in the xxx50; just the z108.)
Note: If the xxx30 library is being removed entirely, then rather than util a/17/1 in steps 4 and 5, the SQL "drop table znnn" could be performed for the tables.
- Article last edited: 22-Jun-2018