- Product: Alma
How to order in Alma without creating inventory? Can a new POL be assigned manually to existing, e.g. items, portfolios, Electronic Collections?
There are two options to create orders without inventory in Alma.
- The first option does not create any inventory, by design (e.g. for a general library service fee), The order can't and won't link to any record in Alma. It is called Creating Service Subscription PO Lines Without Inventory. Found in the Acquisitions > Purchase Order Lines > Order without Inventory.
- The second option adds a PO Line to a record in Alma, and yet bypasses adding inventory automatically (e.g. new Holding or new Item). It is enabled with the "Assign Inventory Manually" checkbox. of the new POL menu.
- Identify the resource for which an order needs to be created without adding inventory.
- Click: Order.
- Choose the PO Line Type.
- For most PO Line Types, there will be a button - "Assign Inventory Manually".
- Select this option, continue in filling the order information.
- "Save" (not "Save and Continue"!), and ignore any alerts regarding inventory
- Then, find the inventory (e.g. item, portfolio) - edit and link to the new POL.
Click here for Online Help on "Creating Service Subscription PO Lines Without Inventory", as well as how to "Assign Inventory Manually".
- Article last edited: 09-DEC-2019