- Product: Alma
How to purge user records, carefully? If a user is deleted or purged, it is not possible to restore them, unless by creating the user again (manually, through the SIS XMLs or APIs).
The steps are:
- Create a Set of Users.
- In Analytics, create what will be a basis for an Itemized Set. Ensure that the first column has the Primary IDs. The Header should be: USERNAME or Primary ID.
- Or ,create a Logical Set of Users, from the Advanced Search.
- As precaution, some libraries create a distinct User Group (e.g. Graduates 2021). Ensure that the Expiry Date defines exactly the group which should be deleted. If so, run the job "Update/Notify Users" to change the users' definition.
- Users can be removed from Alma from: Administration > User Management > Purge User Records.
- Number of Days after Purge Date can be blank (more in the Online Help, link given below)
- Specify correct User Record Type, as relevant
- Specify the above unique User Group, e.g. "Graduates 2021", or expiry date.
- "Waive Threshold" - our experience lead us to recommend using the value of "1" or higher.
- NEW! See a "Best Practices" toolkit
- Find the Online Help page regarding "Purging Users".
- Read more on "Configuring Delete User Policy Settings".
- How to create a Users Set? Visuals in: "Create User Set based on Analytics".
A movie (with clear instructions, albeit using outdated user interface) is attached: Attached file
Last Updated: 2-MAY-2021