- Repository Manager
- The Review tab is open by default. It includes changes made to your records to review and take action on. For example, a parameter change may not fit your institution’s requirements. You can manually revert to the old value by using the Edit action.
- The All tab shows information for all changes that were made to your records or that are relevant to your institution.
- Report Type – See Working with the Community Zone Updates Task List.
- Electronic Collection Name – When available, select to open the Activation Information tab in the Electronic Service Editor; see the Activation Information Tab Options table in Adding a Local Electronic Collection.
- Title – When available, select to open the Coverage Information tab in the Electronic Portfolio Editor; see the New Portfolio Page Options (Standalone and Electronic Collection) table in Adding a Standalone Portfolio.
- Submit Date
- Available For (multicampus environment or collaborative network implementing a Network Zone) – The inventory management group to which this electronic resource is restricted. Groups in this column reflect the information effective with the most recent harvesting. For more information, see Configuring Distributed Access to Electronic Resources.
- Before Change/After Change – Changes made globally as part of the Community Zone update job.
- Local Information (Review tab only) – Local override information (in the Coverage Information tab in the Electronic Portfolio Editor) maintained by the library.
- MMS ID
Dismiss (Review tab only) – Remove one or more rows.To remove a single row, select the Dismiss row action.To dismiss multiple rows, select the check boxes, select Dismiss Selected, and select Execute.To dismiss all rows, select Dismiss All and select Execute. Note that you need to specify a date range when using the Dismiss All option.
Edit (Review tab only) – Edit the item in the Electronic Service Editor or Electronic Portfolio Editor.To edit an item in the Electronic Service Editor or Electronic Portfolio Editor, select the Edit row action. For an electronic collection report type, the Electronic Service Editor opens. For a portfolio report type, the Electronic Portfolio Editor opens.
- Auto-active collection: Activate an aggregator package electronic collection and indicate that the source should update automatically.
- Non auto-active collection: Activate a selective package electronic collection (or aggregator package type) and set it to not use automatic updates.
|Type||Report Type||Action Taken||Tab|
|Both (Auto-activation and Non auto-activation)||Electronic Collection linking parameters update||The action is performed. You can undo it by selecting Actions > Edit and manually restoring the previous value.||Both (Review and All)|
|Electronic Collection base url updated||The action is performed. You can undo it by selecting Actions > Edit and manually restoring the previous value.||Both (Review and All)|
|Electronic Collection service deleted||The electronic collection service is unlinked from the Community Zone and set to inactive. If you decide to keep the electronic collection service, select Actions > Edit and manually manage the electronic collection service from the Electronic Service Editor page. The institution icon (single building) appears in the Portfolios tab on the Electronic Service Editor page where you can select Actions > Remove to delete a portfolio.||Both (Review and All)|
|Portfolio coverage update||The action is performed.||Both (Review and All)|
|Portfolio linking parameters update||The action is performed. You can undo it by selecting Actions > Edit and manually restoring the previous value.||Both (Review and All)|
|Electronic Collection deleted||The electronic collection is unlinked from the Community Zone and turned inactive. The institution icon (single building) appears beside the electronic collection in the repository search. If you decide to keep the electronic collection, select Actions > Edit and manually manage the electronic collection. If you decide to delete the electronic collection, find it using the repository search and manually delete it.||All only|
|Electronic Collection Bibliographic Record Update||The action is performed. You can make changes to this record update by selecting Actions > Edit. See Activating an Electronic Collection Using the Activation Wizard for more information.||Both (Review and All)|
The action is performed.
If you select the automated options Automatically activate new portfolios or Activate new portfolios associated with service automatically when you activate an electronic collection from the Community Zone or a service, the resulting automatically activated portfolios can be retrieved by using this report type. See Automatically activate new portfolios and Activate new portfolios associated with service automatically? for more information.
Portfolio added to non auto-active package (electronic collection)
No action is performed.
In the All tab, you can see portfolios added to the Community Zone electronic collection. To add the portfolios to your electronic collection, manually go into the Community Zone, find the portfolio, and activate it. Alternatively, you can add it as a local portfolio manually.
|Auto-activation||Portfolio deleted from auto-active package (electronic collection)||The action is performed.||All only|
|Non auto-activation||Portfolio deleted from a non auto-active package (electronic collection)||The portfolio is not deleted, but it is unlinked from the Community Zone, saved as a local portfolio, and its availability is changed from Available to Not Available. You see this action in the Review tab and can manually delete the portfolio by selecting Actions > Edit. You can keep the local portfolio by selecting Actions > Dismiss.||Both (Review and All)|
- Access the Community Zone Updates Task List once per week.
- Review the updates made to your Institution Zone records from the Community Zone updates.
- Apply the Community Zone Updates Task List filters that are useful for your particular institutional workflow. You may find it more useful to apply the filters and check the electronic collection-level changes before applying the filters and checking the portfolio-level changes.
- As you filter and view the entries, look for:
- Deleted portfolios
These are portfolios that were deleted in the Community Zone and have become local portfolios. You will need to decide if the portfolio should be deleted. This decision will most likely be determined by whether there is still access to the resource.
- Portfolios that were added to the aggregator collection but were not automatically activated
The portfolio is not automatically activated if it was initially chosen on the collection level. You need to decide if the portfolio should be activated.
- Portfolios where the global coverage was updated and the library has local coverage
You will need to determine if you want to remove the local coverage.
- Deleted portfolios
- Dismiss the records for which you have accepted the update using Dismiss Selected or Dismiss All.
Note that you need to specify a date range when using the Dismiss All option.The expectation is that the vast majority, if not all, of the entries will be dismissed.Using the Community Zone Updates Task List eliminates the time-consuming process of manually reviewing and implementing each change.
- The Dismiss All option removes all tasks from the task list, not just the tasks on the current page.
- Entries that have been dismissed are still available in the All tab. This ensures that you have a history of the entries which were dismissed.