If you are working with Primo VE, see Primo VE for more details.
Primo View It (which displays on the Services Page and during the discovery of local Alma records in Primo) can list up to 25 services and related services, which allow users to access or view the resource:
Example Electronic Resource
If configured, additional services may also display in the View It tab. For more information, see Adding a General Electronic Service.
- The View It service can be integrated with any third-party discovery system that is configured to use a SAML-based identity provider for both Alma and the discovery interface authentication. For detailed information, see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/discovery.
- It is not recommended to perform searches on different tabs in your browser and request View It or Get It information from a tab in which the last search was not performed.
For more information on configuring the look and feel of the View It tab, see Branding the Delivery Tabs.
Displaying License Information
Alma allows you to display an electronic resource's license information in Primo View It. The displayed terms of the license can be configured in Alma, as well as the license-related labels that display in Primo View It.
This section applies only to Primo. For information on how to configure license information to display in Primo VE and Alma-Summon environments, see Displaying License Information
Show License Link in Primo View It (Classic Primo UI)
After the user clicks the Show license link, the name of the link changes to Hide license, and the license information appears as configured in Alma:
License Terms Displayed in Primo View It (Classic Primo UI)
For more information, view the Display License Information in Primo View It video (5:02 mins).
To configure the display of license-related information, the following roles are necessary:
- Acquisitions Administrator
- Fulfillment Administrator
- General System Administrator
To display license information in Primo View It:
- Specify which license terms to display in Primo View It. For information on the Display to Public field, see To add a license term:.
- If needed, modify the license-related labels, which are defined by the codes that contain a c.uresolver.viewit.license prefix. For more information, see Configuring Labels.
- Open the Other Settings page (Configuration Menu > Fulfillment > Discovery Interface Display Logic > Other Settings).
- Select the Enable Display of License Information check box.
- Click Save.
For more information on configuring the license terms in Alma, see Managing License Terms.