If you are working with Primo VE, see Primo VE for more details.
To configure the order of Primo search results, you must have one of the following roles:
- General System Administrator
- Fulfillment Administrator
Alma determines the location display priority primarily by availability. Holdings with the greatest number of available items are displayed first (this cannot be configured). In addition, Alma enables you to give preference to locations that match the IP address of the patron’s IP address. These locations include the AVA $$P field. For more information, see the following topic: Discovery in Collaborative Networks
Based on one or more of the following criteria, holdings locations are displayed in order on the first page in Primo Get It:
- According to the holdings’ locations and their proximity to the patron, according to the library IP address. The locations in the libraries closest to the patron appear at the top of the holdings list. If this criteria is used, it takes priority over the holdings' availability.
- According to the holdings’ availability, in the order (by default):
- In temporary locations
- In permanent locations
- In remote locations
You select this order on the Locations Ordering Profile page (Configuration Menu > Fulfillment > Discovery Interface Display Logic > Locations Ordering Profile).
Locations Ordering Profile Page
You can configure this ordering at the institution level only. Select the required institution from the Configuring filter on the Fulfillment Configuration page.
To configure a locations ordering profile:
- On the Locations Ordering Profile page (Configuration Menu > Fulfillment > Discovery Interface Display Logic > Locations Ordering Profile), select Yes in the Use “IP best location” sorting field to configure the display of holdings by location. IP addresses must be defined for the libraries.
No indicates that holdings are displayed by availability and that for the display of holdings locations, IP addresses do not need to be defined. The default value is No.IP addresses can be configured:
- In the Prefer remote storage field, select Yes to increase the priority of remote storage items when viewing results in Primo Get It, publishing to Primo, or the Primo RTA.
- Click Save.