- Product: Intota
Interlibrary Shared Resources offers the ability to share databases and licenses amongst profiles of two or more libraries that work collectively. One library's Intota profile is set up with "Manager" functionality which lets the library share databases and licenses with Intota profiles of one or more "member" libraries that work collectively with that library. This collaborative setup prevents the need for each library in the group to enter redundant database or license information into their Intota profile.
Interlibrary Shared Resources is an enhanced, for purchase feature set. If you do not know whether your library is set up with sharing or inheritance functionality, view your Intota User Account and see if there is a Sharing Permissions section. This section of sharing and inheritance permissions displays for a library that is part of a group that is set up with Interlibrary Shared Resources.
Note that Intota Interlibrary Shared Resources is compatible with 360 Consortium Edition, the sharing and inheritance feature set used by libraries managing their profiles in the legacy Client Center. Databases and licenses can be acquired and shared amongst Intota and Client Center profiles of two or more libraries that work collectively.
The initial configuration work for getting a group of libraries set up with Interlibrary Shared Resources is done by us. Once your Intota and/or Client Center profiles are configured, then you can begin sharing information amongst the group's profiles.
- Note that the configuration work includes two member library settings:
- Auto Accept: ON means that when the "manager" library shares a resource with the member library, the resource is automatically activated in the member library's profile. OFF means that the resource is not activated until the member library activates it.
Locked: ON means that the member library's profile displays the database settings as configured by the "manager" library; the member library cannot edit the Database Details page for the inherited resource. OFF means that the "member" library can edit the About, Discovery and Configuration sections of the Database Details page, the Administration and Renewal Details sections are not displayed and therefore cannot be edited.
- Note that the Discovery section of the Database Details page is where a library controls which patron-facing services the resource displays in. By default, the discovery settings in the manager library's profile are inherited by the member library (for any/all patron-facing services that the member library subscribes to). In deciding whether or not to lock a member library's profile, it is important to consider whether the member library may prefer Discovery settings that differ from how the manager library typically configures its Discovery setttings.
Libraries interested in learning more about subscribing to Interlibrary Shared Resources should use the Contact Us menu at the top of the page.
For further details about Interlibrary Shared Resources functionality for "manager" and "member" libraries, see the Interlibrary Shared Resources section of the Intota User Guide, or continue on with our suggested next article:
- Date Created: 16-Sep-2015
- Last Edited Date: 14-Dec-2015
- Old Article Number: 13120