Leganto generates notifications about events. Notifications appear in a pane in Leganto, to both students and instructors, and in the Recent Changes
tab on the Edit Reading List page in Alma (see Editing a Reading List
Students (when enabled; see Configuring Whether Students Receive Notifications
, below) and instructors receive a daily email (Leganto Notifications Letter, code LegantoNotificationsLetter) about waiting notifications. To configure this letter, see Configuring Alma Letters
You can schedule the job that emails instructors and students when notifications are waiting for them on the Fulfillment Jobs Configuration page (see Configuring Fulfillment Jobs
Possible notification types are as follows: unless otherwise configured (see Enabling/Disabling Notification Types for Instructors and Students
, below), all types are visible to instructors and types in bold
are visible to students.
- A citation was removed from a list
- A comment was added to a citation
- A comment was added to a reading list
- A new collaborator was added to a reading list
- A new item was added to a list
- New for November! A new note was added to a list
- A note was added to an item
- A submit lists by date was added to your course
- A tag was added to a section
- A tag was added to an item
- A tag was removed from a section
- A tag was removed from an item
- Item status marked as complete
- Item status marked as declined
- List status changed to publish
- List was rolled over
- New library discussion in citation
- New library discussion in reading list
- New suggestion in reading list
- Reading list was deleted
- Section was deleted
- The due date was updated in an item
- You have joined a new reading list as a collaborator
Enabling/Disabling Notification Types for Instructors and Students
You can enable or disable specific types of notification for instructors and/or students in the Notifications Instructors (Configuration Menu > Leganto > Features > Notifications - instructors
) and Notifications Students (Configuration Menu > Leganto > Features > Notifications - students
) mapping tables. For more information about mapping tables, see Mapping Tables
Notifications Instructors Mapping Table
The Notifications Students mapping table looks and functions exactly the same, but only the notification types enabled for students appear (see Notification Types
To enable or disable a notification type, customize the row, select Yes or No in the Enable column, and select Save to save your changes.
You can translate notifications (in Alma, these are recent changes) in the System Event Types code table (Configuration Menu > Fulfillment > Courses > Notification Types). For more information about code tables, see Code Tables.
System Event Types Code Table
You can change the translations of the notifications on this page.
Configuring Whether Students Receive Notifications
By default, students receive notifications from Leganto. You can disable this feature so that only instructors receive notifications from Leganto.
To disable notifications for students:
In the customer parameters table (Configuration Menu > Leganto > General > Settings), configure the parameter email_notifications_group to one of the following values: ALL - Students and instructors receive notifications; STAFF - Only instructors receive notifications.