The following user roles are required to work with curated lists:
- View curated lists, add offers from curated lists of user lists, add offers to the DDA pool: Purchasing Operator, Super Selector, Selector, Selector Limited
- Add offers from curated list to shopping cart: Rialto Manager, Purchasing Operator, Super Selector, Selector
New for June! ProQuest has made available a large number of curated lists of cross-subject titles, so that you can confidently identify quality offers that meet topical, multiple-subject needs.
What is in a Curated List
ProQuest creates curated lists monthly and publishes them in Rialto in the first week of the month.
Each curated list contains approximately 100 unique titles of various publishers.
The curated lists are created with the below guidelines in mind:
- Format: Print and ebooks. Content with multiple format alternatives and platforms is prioritized whenever possible.
- Audience: Global.
- Readership: Academic interest, including variable academic readership levels. Trade/popular content, where it makes sense for the topic.
- Price: Variable price points, but no ebook titles exceeding $500.
- Language: English.
- Publishers: Balanced. Content from a single publisher will comprise only up to 15% of the list. Only publishers respected by the librarian community are included.
- Quality: Titles with reviews, awards, and faculty affiliations are preferred.
- Availability: For print, 'In Stock' is preferred.
Working with Curated Lists
You can review curated topic lists from the Curated Lists page (Market > Market > Curated Lists).
Working with curated lists includes:
Add Offers to Cart, My List or DDA Pool
- To open the desired curated list, just select its name Curated Lists page (Market > Market > Curated Lists). The titles that open are the preferred offers (in terms of recent publication, format, etc. )
- Select the title to display its details in the right pane. In addition, the number of other offers that exit for this title is displayed.
- Select the number of additional titles to display them.
- Do one of the below:
|Add offers to Cart||
Select Add to Cart. You can do that for the preferred offer or any of the additional offers.
Upon clicking Add to Cart, the title receives the "In your cart" badge. In addition, a confirmation appears in the upper-right corner of your Alma window, and a count indicator on your cart displays the total count of items currently in your cart. To view the offer in cart, select the Cart icon on the main toolbar. For details, see Adding to Shopping Cart and Submitting to Approval.
|Add offers to My List||
Select Add to List in the row actions list.
|Add offers to DDA Pool||For electronic offers, select Add to DDA in the row actions list. To add an offer to DDA, you must also indicate an ordering library and fund, for details see Adding Offers to DDA Pool.|
- To open the desired curated list, just select its name Curated Lists page (Market > Market > Curated Lists).
Do one of the below:
To: Do: Search for a title You can search for an offer by Title, ISBN, Author or Keywords. To search, select the desired option in the dropdown, enter the desired text and select . To remove the text, click X within the dropdown. Filter the list by facets To hide irrelevant offers from view, you can use the facets. In the facet list, select the values for which you want to see results. The facets selected to filter the list appear at the top of the Facets panel. Click X to clear the facets you want to remove. For a full list of facets, see Working with Facets. Sort the list by rankings
By default, curated lists are sorted by the first ranking profile in the list of ranking profiles. You can select a different ranking profile. See Managing Ranking Profiles.