- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
How do I add a field (bibliographic text component) to the search results in Voyager / WebVoyage?
- Identify the Search Index of the search for which the bibliographic text component will be added (e.g., "GKEY").
- In System Administration > Search select the appropriate Index Type (e.g., "Indexes - Keyword Definitions").
- Select the Search Index and select "Edit"
- In the Search Results tab add components from the Bib Text list. Only three components can be assigned for any one Search Index.
- The bibliographic text components will display in WebVoyage and the Voyager staff modules in the order you have selected them.
In order to change what fields display in the search results, you first need to identify which Search Index is being used.
For example, if you want to make changes to the Keyword Anywhere search, which uses "GKEY" you would first need to identify this code.
To locate the code, run a search of the type you want to change and look for the letters appearing after the "&searchCode=" in the search results URL.
That is your Search Index.
This information can also be found in the webvoyage.properties file located here: /m1/voyager/xxxdb/tomcat/vwebv/context/vwebv/ui/<skin>
In a headings search such as OPAC Name Headings, the Search Index code is displayed in the headings list URL.
See the System Administration User's Guide, Chapter 8.
Voyager Support has a limited ability to assist with WebVoyage customizations. Please see: What WebVoyage customizations are supported?
- Article last edited: 16-Apr-2019