- Product: Voyager
What is basic workflow for Global Headings Change?
- A change is made to an authority record's 1xx tag (in Cataloging, via Bulkimport, or via GDC)
- The auth record that is changed goes to the Global Headings Change Queue (Cataloging > File > Global )
- Run Pcatjob 11 on the server. This will prepare the headings (i.e. the new heading as it would appear in all bibs with that related heading after running GHC will appear in the Queue and will show how many bibs are associated with this heading)
- Run Pcatjob 12: This enables you to click on the Preview button to look at the bibs it will affect
- Check the Process box for the headings where you wish to execute the change asa previewed.
- Run Pcatjob 13: It will ask for a Location Code (optional; cataloging happening location) and operator (e.g. demo). The location and operator will be logged in the History portion of the bib record. Pcatjob 13 makes the change.
The headings will then be removed from the Queue and if you search for the associated bibs, you will see the heading change reflected.
- Article last edited: 04-Mar-2015