- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
What is basic workflow for Global Headings Change?
1) A change is made to an authority record's 1xx tag (either manually or via Bulkimport process, or GDC)
2) The record that is changed goes to the Global Headings Change Queue (Cataloging > File > Global )
3) Run Pcatjob 11 (from the /m1/voyager/xxxdb/sbin directory) on the server. This will prepare the headings (i.e. the new heading will appear
in the Queue as it would appear in all bibs with that related heading after running GHC and will show how many bib are associated with this heading)
4) Run Pcatjob 12: This enables you to click on the Preview button to look at the bibs it will affect
Check the Process box on the headings in which you would like the change to be reflected
5) Run Pcatjob 13: It will ask for a Location Code (place in the cataloging location code of the cataloging happening location)
also place in the operator (e.g. demo). The location and operator will be logged in the History portion of the bib record. Pcatjob 13 makes the change.
The headings will be out of the Queue and if you search for those bibs, you will see the change reflected.
- Article last edited: 3/4/2015