- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Overview of making simple changes to queries in Prepackaged Access Reports.
Before making a change to a query, make a copy of it first by using copy/paste in the Navigation Pane at the left side of your Access screen, so that you don't accidentally break the existing "good" query.
This article will show you a couple of ways to make simple changes to a query.
Keep in mind that it is really easy to make a change that will give you bad data.
1) To delete a column, highlight it by clicking above it and click Delete Columns:
Always be aware of how your change might impact the query. For example, what if the column you delete has a criterion on it?
2) To add a column, double-click it in the top half of the design pane and it will be added to the right.
Or you can drag and drop it from the top half of the design pane to the column you want it to precede.
3) To change the sort order, click in the cell in the Sort: row and pick a different option:
Note that if several columns are sorted, Access sorts them from left to right.
Always sort by "NORMALIZED_*" if that is an option (e.g., "NORMALIZED_CALL_NO").
4) You can rename a column to clarify what it is reporting:
Constructing custom SQL queries by request and troubleshooting unexpected results from customer-created SQL queries falls outside the scope of Support. The above has been posted for informational purposes. Voyager-L and Developer Network are useful resources for finding helpful custom SQL or obtaining assistance from peers in troubleshooting custom queries.
- Article last edited: 18-Mar-2021