- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.0.0 and higher
Desired Outcome Goal
Delete empty bib and holdings records using Pick and Scan
To delete empty bibs and holdings using Pick and Scan:
- In either Circulation or Cataloging, open Pick and Scan and select the "Changes To Make" tab
- Check the box to delete Item and click "Yes" on the confirmation message that opens
- Check the box to delete Empty holdings
- Check the box to delete Empty bibs
- Select the "Records To Change" tab
- Select the radio button for "Update Database" or "Preview" as appropriate
- Enter the record identifiers for the records to be deleted
- Review the logs to confirm that records were deleted
Only bibs and holdings that have items attached can be deleted using Pick and Scan.
In the "Records To Change" tab, "Perform changes against" is used for specifying how you want to perform the item changes. The default setting of "This item only" isolates the changes to the specific item and its associated records.
Running a keyword regen is not required when deleting records using Pick and Scan.
NOTE: Voyager will block records from being deleted if linked purchase orders are present, items are on reserve, or if items have active circulation transactions. You will need to deal with those titles individually.
- Article last edited: 02-Feb-2016