- Product: 360 Link
What is 360 Link's Citation Linker and how do we set it up?
Citation Linker Page in 360 Link with Index-Enhanced Direct Linking (IEDL)
Citation Linker is a search tool library patrons can use when they have a citation and want to find the item:
- Journal Title, ISSN, DOI or PMID
The date field should be entered as YYYY-MM-DD. While 360 Link supports the display of dates in different date formats, dates being entered into the Citation Linker should be in the above-stated format. When the date is entered is another format, typically 360 Link recognizes only the year, not the month and day.
The Citation Linker can be accessed from within 360 Link and also the E-Journal Portal, and of course from a link anywhere on your library website as well.
- For information on 360 Link and E-Journal Portal display options, see:
- 360 Link: Administration Console -- Citation Linker Form for customizing the display within 360 Link pages.
- The Additional Options section of E-Journal Portal Administration Console -- Results Page Options for integrating the Citation Linker into your E-Journal Portal.
- To place a link to the Citation Linker on a web page, the Citation Linker URL for your library is:
- http://[CLIENTID].search.serialssolutions.com/?SS_Page=refiner&SS_RefinerEditable=yes, where [CLIENTID] is your Serials Solutions Client ID.
- Journal title or ISSN number (or both)
- Volume, Issue, Start Page
- Article Title and Author Information
- From links on your E-Journal Portal search and results pages, and your 360 Link results page
- From a link on your library's website
- From a quick-search form on your library's website
- Find hyperlink on E-Journal Portal:
- Fill in citation information on the Citation Linker page:
- Click the Look Up button.
- 360 Link will present the user with full text options available at the library.
Tips for Using Citation Linker
- Citation Linker supports abbreviated title searches.
- If full text is not available, patrons can take advantage of other options, such as interlibrary loan, that are provided in the Custom Link section of the 360 Link results page.
- If your ILL form supports OpenURL, the citation information will auto-populate the form with the citation note.
- Solid understanding of the tool's purpose
- All fields containing data
- Searches always containing an ISSN or Journal Title and date
- Accurate data
- Date Information entered YYYY-MM-DD when possible
- Page-heading text
- Text-field descriptions
- Remove certain fields (for example, the default form has "author full" and "author corp")
- Notes field
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 25-Jul-2015
- Old Article Number: 7221