This page describes how to configure researcher details in Esploro. For working with researchers in Esploro see here. For information on configuring the various parts of the research information hub see here.
Configuring Researcher Engagement Types
Configuration managers can configure researcher engagement type fields for the researchers in the research repository. These are used to record various engagements that a researcher can be associated with, such as whether a researcher is designated as an expert in a particular field, or is available to give media interviews. (Configuration Menu > Researchers > Researchers > Researcher Engagement Types).
Configuring Researcher Titles
To configure the titles, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Administrator
You can configure researcher titles (honorifics), such as Mr., Prof., and so forth. The titles are available when adding or editing researchers (see here). Titles are also available for Esploro letters (see here).
You configure the titles on the User Titles code table (Configuration > Researchers > Researcher Titles). For more information about code tables, see Code Tables.
You can add, edit, and delete titles. You can select the order they appear in the drop-down list and the default selected title.
Configuring Opt-In Defaults for Researcher Letters
- Configuration Manager
- Mediated Deposit Approved - Assets created by administrator that were approved (where the researcher is defined as creator/contributor - part of the Research Deposit Action Letter)
- Researcher Approval Notification Letter - Lists all the assets that were found by Smart Harvesting, for the researcher to approve or reject.
- Researcher Deposit Approved - Assets created by researcher that were approved (part of the Research Deposit Action Letter)
- Researcher Deposit Returned - Researcher deposits that were returned by the administrator (part of the Research Deposit Action Letter)
- Researcher Usage Statistics - Statistics for asset usage from the previous month
- Researcher ETD Usage Statistics - Statistics for ETD asset usage from the previous month
- Researcher New Assets Added To Profile - Notify researchers of new assets that have been added to their profile.
- Researcher New Url identifier - Notify on generating new URL Identifier
- Send Assets to ORCID - Notify regarding assets pushed to ORCID