- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Unicode characters when using the
experimental (now available from Support) Oracle ODBC 19c drivers are not displaying correctly in Voyager Prepackaged Reports (PPR), regardless of the presence of the Arial Unicode MS font on the computer, and the NLS_LANG key in the PC's Registry being set to AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII, and regardless of the utf8to16 expression being used in the SQL.
VYG-7667 is in Development.
- Install Oracle ODBC 19c drivers (available from Support).
- Import bib record with diacritics.
- Use SQL code that utilizes utf8to16 function expression to pull up this record in Prepackaged Access Reports and display field with diacritics.
- Note that Unicode characters do not display properly.
- Unicode characters do display properly in Cataloging module and in WebVoyage.
Continue to use the 10g Oracle Client on 32-bit Access systems.
Unicode characters do not display properly whether or not the utf8to16 function expression is used in the SQL.
The 19c Oracle ODBC drivers for 64-bit Access are
experimental and not supported for customer use with the understanding that non-Latin characters and diacritical markings will not display properly.
For information about the AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII Registry setting change see: How to resolve Error 12001 when running query in Prepackaged Reports?
- Article last edited: 18-May-2020