- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
What information should be provided when requesting a Voyager software upgrade or a server move?
In both instances, begin by opening a Case and state the work needed (Upgrade, Server Move, or both), providing the information outlined below as appropriate.
Refer to the Installation and Upgrade Requirements document for operating system requirements (under Voyager > Implementation Guides > [version]) - if your server is not running an OS version that meets requirements for the version you are upgrading to, you will need to migrate your Voyager installation to a new server running a compatible OS. In that case, please also provide answers to the Server move questions below.
To request Ex Libris perform a Voyager software upgrade (cost included in maintenance), provide the following information:
- Can you confirm that you are upgrading the software on the same server the current version resides on? (i.e., no hardware change)
- What is the current version of the software?
- What is the OS and version of the environment?
- Are you requesting Ex Libris perform the upgrade?
- What dates would you prefer to upgrade?
A server move/data move (i.e., migrating a Voyager installation to new hardware) is work that Ex Libris needs to do and will provide a quote for. Providing the information below helps in determining an accurate quote and scheduling time frame:
- What is the OS and version of source (current) environment?
What is the OS and version of target (future) environment?
- Is there an existing test server that also will be migrated?
- Will there be additional data copy work requested? (from production to a test environment, for example)
- Is source environment all-in-one or multi-server?
- Is target environment all-in-one or multi-server?
- What method is available to Ex Libris to connect to impacted environments to perform the work?
For migrations, root access is required; be sure this is configured and available to the engineer.
- Will the Voyager software also be upgraded?
- Do you want Ex Libris to perform the upgrade?
- What is the current version of Voyager?
- How many production database instances are involved? Please list the name of each xxxdb.
- What is the database size (# bibs)?
- Can you confirm which Voyager extension modules you have for each?
- Are there preferred timeframes for this work to be performed?
- To whom should we provide the completed quote?