Welcome to the Support Portal
- Product: Cross-Product
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: All
I just registered to use the Ex Libris Support Portal. How do I get started?
Welcome to the Support Portal!
Now that you have activated your account, here’s an overview of the features available via the Ex Libris Support Portal.
Sign Into the Support Portal
You can connect to the Support Portal via the Ex Libris Knowledge Center and click the Submit a Case button, or click the More Sites menu and select Ex Libris Support Portal. The Knowledge Center also provides open access to Ex Libris documentation, Knowledge Articles, Training videos, and other product information.
You can also go directly to the Support Portal at https://support.exlibrisgroup.com.
Creating and Tracking Support Cases
From the Cases tab you can:
- Create a New Case
- View/Edit My Cases or My Open Cases (Cases the signed in user created)
- View/Edit My Account Cases or My Account Open Cases (Cases created by other staff from your institution)
From the Account Cases tab you can:
- Create a list of Cases by Asset (Product), Category, Status, and more
- Filter the list of Cases to include:
- My Cases or My Open Cases
- My Account Cases or My Account Open Cases
- My Consortium Cases (Cases from other institutions in your Consortium)
- Published Cases (Cases published by the Ex Libris customer community)
- Export the list of Cases to Excel
From the Account Assets tab you can:
- See a list of Assets (products) for which you can submit Cases to Exlibris Support
- Click an Asset to see some general information on the Asset
- For products hosted by Ex Libris, look for the “Instance Name on Status Page” which provides the name of the Instance where your Asset is hosted, as shown on our System Status Page
Setup Product News & Information Notifications
Go to the Email Preferences tab to subscribe to:
- Product Notifications – check the Products to get product news via email, including alerts from the Ex Libris Status page: https://status.exlibrisgroup.com
- Articles – receive notifications highlighting new and valuable content in the Knowledge Center
- Messages to Ex Libris Customers – Notifications about changes to Support hours (during holidays, etc.)
- Click here to learn more
Share Cases & Knowledge with the User Community
Go to the Publish tab to make your Cases searchable by the Ex Libris customer community
- Choose between two publishing options:
- Publish all past Cases, and Cases created from this day onward
- Publish Cases from this day onward
- Click the Save Publish button to accept the terms and conditions on behalf of your institution
- Click here to learn more about the Publish option
Go to the Community Knowledge tab to publish Community Knowledge Articles to the Knowledge Center
- Once you click Accept, you can immediately begin creating and publishing
- Click here for tips on creating Community Knowledge Articles
NEW!! Invite Your Colleagues to Access the Support Portal!
Have a new colleague that needs access to the Support Portal? Go to the Invite tab and provide your colleagues Name and Email, and they will receive an email to complete the registration process. Quick and easy!
What if my password doesn't work?
Go to the Support Portal at https://support.exlibrisgroup.com and click the Forgot Password? link.
If you reset your password and you are still unable to login, please contact us by going to the Support Portal login page and clicking the Login Issues? link.
I need Support Portal access, but there is no existing Support Portal user from my institution that can "Invite" me.
How can I get access?
Please contact us by going to the Support Portal login page at https://support.exlibrisgroup.com and clicking the Login Issues? link.
Here are some additional resources for using the Support Portal and working with Ex Libris Support:
Support Portal User Guide
Tips for Advanced Document Searching in the Customer Knowledge Center
Setup Email Preferences for Product & News Notifications
How to Publish your Cases to the Ex Libris User Community
How to Contribute Community Knowledge Articles to the Knowledge Center
Working with Ex Libris Support
- Article last edited: 25-07-2020