Working with Collections
A collection is a group of assets related to a specific topic that can be displayed in the portal, together with an image if needed.
The Assign Entities To Collections job needs to be enabled in order for the collections to work. Contact the support team if you need to activate this job.
For a video showing how to add collections see here.
- Since collections are based on a group of assets, you first need to create a set of assets as described in Managing Search Queries and Sets. Collections work with both logical and itemized sets.
- Go to Admin > Collection Configuration.
- Select Add Collection.
- Enter the collection Name (required field).
- Enter the collection Code (required field). The code cannot include blank spaces or special characters. The code entered here will display as part of the URL path in the portal.
- Optionally enter the Description.
- Select whether to include the search facets on the portal. This is a required option and by default is marked as No.
- Select the Include collection in "Featured Collections" section option to include the collection in the Highlight sections when browsing collections (see here).
In addition, if the Featured Collections section is enabled, the highlighted collections will also display on the portal homepage (see here). For enabling the Featured Collections section, see Homepage Configuration.
- Select whether display the collection name on the output record (see here). The default here is No.
- Select the Set on which the collection will be based.
- Optionally select an image to display for the collection on the portal. The image will be cropped to landscape orientation. You should use an image file type such as JPEG, PNG, etc.
You should use an image file type such as JPEG, PNG, etc. The file cannot be larger than 1GB in size.
- Select Save. By default the collection is disabled. Once it is enabled, the collection will appear in research hub searches and on the portal after the indexing job/s have completed run in the background.
Actions that can be Performed on a Collection
- Enable/disable a collection by selecting the toggle in the Enabled column.
- Drag and drop to change the order of collections.
- From the Actions menu you can:
- Edit – Edit the collection
- View – View the collection
- URL – Get a copy of the URL for the collection on the portal
- Delete – Delete the collection. Note that the collection will be deleted after the next job is run.
In order to display multiple Collections on the portal menu, the Collections entity needs to be enabled in the header. See here for more details.
Highlighting Collections on Browsing Page
In order to add collections to the Highlights section when browsing, as described in Adding Collections.
Featuring Collections on Portal Homepage
In order to add collections to the portal homeage select the Include collection in "Featured Collections" section option, as described in Adding Collections.
Displaying Collection Name on Output Record
In order to display the collection name on the full page of an output record, select the Display collection name on output record option, as described in Adding Collections.
More than one collection can be displayed on an asset.