If you are working with Primo VE and not Primo, see Authentication Configuration.
The User Authentication Wizard allows you to configure the following stages of user authentication:
User authentication – determines whether the user is a valid user.
User information – obtains more information about the user (such as the user name and group).
Primo allows you to use the following methods for authentication:
Primo Authentication Manager – With this method, Primo interacts directly with the institution’s authentication server and supports authentication using SAML, CAS, LDAP, Aleph, Alma, and social login via Alma. Customers who want to switch from PDS to this method should contact to Ex Libris Support. For more information, see The Primo Authentication Manager.
Patron Directory Services (PDS) – PDS is a back-end web application that provides a site with shared user authentication and Single-Sign-On (SSO) capabilities for the Ex Libris suite of products. PDS is configured to work with the institution's local authentication server and user database. For more information, see Using PDS for User Authentication.
The following sections describe how to configure the authentication systems that are supported by Primo:
- The Primo Authentication Manager
- Managing Certificates and Metadata for SAML Authentication
- Using SAML for User Authentication
- Using CAS for User Authentication
- Using Alma for User Authentication
- Using Aleph for User Authentication
- Using PDS for User Authentication
- Using Social Networks for User Authentication
- Attribute Mapping
- Using LDAP for User Authentication
- Login Pages for User Authentication