- Product: 360 Core Client Center
How does the Status of a resource in Data Management affect the visibility of that resource in the various ProQuest management and discovery services?
The Status of a database in Data Management affects the visibility of the resource in management and discovery services, but in the below different ways depending on the service. For your end user discovery services such as Summon and 360 Link, the overall point to remember is that end users will see resources that have any Status (except Not Tracked) as long as the appropriate Display In settings are selected for the discovery service(s).
- 360 Core/E-Journal Portal: If a resource has the Display in 360 Core checkbox unchecked and the resource is selected in the Administration Console on the Database List page, a link to that resource will appear on the E Journal Portal Search Page, but the titles within that resource will not appear on the E Journal Portal results page. If a resource has the Display in 360 Core checkbox checked and the resource is not selected in the Administration Console on the Database List page, a link to the resource will not appear on the E Journal Portal search page, but the titles within that resource will appear on the E Journal Portal results page if searched. To turn off a resource completely in the E Journal Portal, either set the status to Not Tracked, or clear the Display in 360 Core checkbox and unselect the resource from the Administration Console.
Overlap Analysis: Only those resources with a status of Subscribed will appear by default in an Overlap Analysis report. For instance, if a library inherits a shared resource from a consortium, the resource will have a status of From Consortium and it will not appear by default in an Overlap Analysis report. You can, however, change the default settings so that databases with other statuses are included by default.
Data on Demand (DoD): Only those resources with a status of something other than Not Tracked and the Display In 360 Core box checked will appear by default in a Data on Demand report.
- 360 Search, 360 Link, 360 MARC Updates (for an individual library), or MARC-Group (for a consortial group): A resource will appear in these 360 Suite services unless one of two things is true:
- The status of the resource is Not Tracked; or
- The Display In checkbox on the Database Details or Holding Details page is unchecked for one or more services.
Overall, for your end users this means that even when a resource has a status of, for example, Under Review (or -- for those libraries using 360 Resource Manager -- Cancelled), it will still appear in search results of the E-Journal Portal, Summon, etcetera, unless you clear (uncheck) the Display In checkbox.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 21-Jun-2016
- Old Article Number: 7524