- Select a sort option in the Sort By drop-down pane.
- Select one or more collections and then select an option in the Reorder drop-down pane to move the selected items before or after your selection.
- Drag and drop items to adjust the sorting.
- On the Top Level Collections page, select Add Top-Level Collection. The Add New Collection page appears.
Add New Collection
- Enter required and optional fields on the form.
Add New Collection Fields Field Description Record Format The type of records that will be in this collection.This field appears only if your system supports multiple record formats. Contact Ex Libris support to enable this feature. Title Corresponds to 245 $a - Title. Required. This title appears in the Alma search results.This title does not have to be unique, but it is recommended that is be the same as the Collection Name. Suppress from Discovery Select to suppress the collection from discovery. Name Internal name for the collection (rather than the bibliographic record name). Required. This name appears when published to Primo and in other locations.This name must be unique among all top-level collections. Description A description of the collection. Limit 1000 characters. Library The library where the collection is stored (select from drop-down options). Required.Only libraries that are available according to your permissions appear. Thumbnail Upload Select a thumbnail image for the collection.The image must be in jpg, png, or gif format and have a maximum size of 100K. External System When the collection is created automatically by the import job (OAI set), this is the name of the external system Place at / before Select to have the collection placed at the top, bottom, or before an existing collection or sub-collection in the list External ID When the collection is created automatically by the import job (OAI set), this is the ID of the collection assigned by the remote system. Additionally, users can store IDs in this field to be used later in the published metadata, and Primo can use it during discovery. Forms Forms consists of a template of fields to be used when creating digital representations. For more information, see Working with Forms. Record Format The type of record for which you want to use the form. Deposit Select a form to be used for patron deposits to this collection. Staff Mediated Deposit Select a form to be used for staff-mediated deposits to this collection. Add Representation Select a form to be used for adding representations to this collection.
- Select Save to save your work and move on to another task, or Save and continue to save the collection and open the Collection Resource Editor page, where you can enter further information for the new collection.
- Collection Inventory Operator – Create and edit sub-collections and move sub-collections between parent collections.
- Collection Inventory Operator Extended together with Collection Inventory Operator – Create, edit, and delete top level collections and promote a sub-collection to be a top-level collection. Create, edit, and delete sub-collection and move sub-collections between parent collections.
- Digital Inventory Operator – Add/remove titles to/from a collection and move a title between collections.
- Create, edit, or delete sub-collections
- Add thumbnails to collections
- Add items, sets, and remote digital objects to collections
- Integrate collection assignment with import profiles
Editing a Collection
- If the collection is a top-level collection, select Edit from the row actions list for the collection on the Top Level Collections page. The Collection Resource Editor page appears.
Collection Resource EditorFor a sub-collection, after opening the top-level collection for editing, select Edit from the row actions list for the collection on the parent's page. You can edit a collection's information in the General Information section. To delete the current thumbnail, select the Use default thumbnail check box. To upload a new thumbnail, select the relevant thumbnail image in the Thumbnail upload field. For additional information on the fields of this page, see Adding a Top Level Collection.The following Forms section appears at the bottom of the page:Forms SectionSelect a form for Deposits, Staff Mediated Deposits, or Add Representations. The fields of the form appear when adding a representation to a bibliographic record in the collection. Select Apply to all sub-collections to have the form appear when adding a representation to a bibliographic record in a subcollection. For more information about forms, see Working with Forms (DC Only) .
- When you are done, select:
- Save to save your work and return to the list of collections or
- Save and Continue to save your work and remain on the Collection Resource Editor page.
Adding a Sub-Collection
- Edit a collection (see above) and on the Sub-collections tab select Add Sub-collection. The Add New Collection page appears.
- Enter the required fields and select Save or Save and Continue. For more information, see Adding a Top Level Collection.
Moving Collections and Sub-Collections
The repository search (for collections only) appears.
- For top-level collections: from the Top Level Collections Page, select the collections you want to move and select Move Selected.
- For sub-collections: Edit a collection (see above) and on the Sub-collections tabs select Move from the row actions list for the sub-collection. Alternately, select the check boxes next to one or more sub-collections and select Move Selected.
- Search for the target collection, select it, and select Select. The collection or sub-collection is moved to the selected collection.
- To add individual titles:
- Select Add Title. The repository search (for all titles only) appears.
- Search for titles and select the desired titles.
- Select Add Titles and select Confirm in the confirmation dialog box. The titles are added to the collection.
- To add titles by set (if you already have a set containing titles; see Managing Search Queries and Sets):
- select Add Titles from Set. The Manage Sets page appears.
- Select the set to add.
- Select Add Titles, and select Confirm in the confirmation dialog box.
- To remove individual titles, select the check boxes beside the titles to remove and select Remove Selected. Alternately, select Remove from the row actions list beside a title.
Select Confirm in the confirmation dialog box.You can remove a title from a collection only if it does not contain digital inventory or if it is assigned to more than one collection. This is to ensure that all digital inventory is managed by a collection.
- To remove all items, select Remove All and select Confirm in the confirmation dialog box.
- To move titles to another collection:
- Select the check boxes beside the titles to move and select Move Selected. Alternately, select Move from the row actions list beside a title. The repository search (for collections only) appears.
- Search for the target collection and select it.
- Select Select. The titles are added to the target collection.
- You can also edit or view a title using the row actions list.
Managing Images for the Collections Lobby
The Discovery tab on the Collection Resource Editor page allows you to define up to 20 images that can display in each collection's and sub-collection's tile on the Collection Discovery page and in the banner on each collection's page. Of the images defined for the collection, the system will display a maximum of four images in the collection's tile.
Select the Discovery tab. The following appears:Discovery Tab
Use the following options to add images to the Manage Discovery Thumbnails list:
Select Select if you want to search for image files that are attached to the collection and display them in the collection's tile.
Select Upload if you want to browse for local image files and display them in the collection's tile.
You can define up to 20 images, but the system will display a maximum of four images in the collection's tile, starting from the top of the Manage Discovery Thumbnails list.
The system uses the first image in the Manage Discovery Thumbnails list for the banner on the collection's page.
Image files must be in .jpg, .jpe, or .png format with a maximum size of 500 KB.
If you do not define any image files, the system will display the first four images found in the collection's sub-collections and items.
Select View in Discovery to see how the collection's tile and banner appear in Primo VE.
Viewing Collection Management History
- Adding titles to collections are not included in the History tab.
- For collections in the repository at the time of the release (September 2017), an additional change is needed in order to display the change in the history tab.
- The Operator column appears only for managers and administrators. See Configuring Users' Ability to View Operator Details.