- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local; Total Care
Where can I find information on Voyager's patron utilities (Patron Update, Patron Purge, Patron Export, SIF and XML formats, etc)?
Voyager Technical User's Guide contains chapters on
- Patron Batch Jobs in XML (PpatronImpX, PpatronExpX, PpatronPrg)
- Patron Extract (Patron SIF Method)
- Patron Update (Patron SIF Method)
- Circulation Batch Jobs (Patron Purge (Circjob 39))
- Patron Record Standard Interface File (SIF)
See links to additional resources and articles covering common questions and issues in Additional Information.
Knowledge Center Overview
Resources on Developers Network
How do I ... ?
- Remove expired patron barcodes from patron records?
- How to migrate new barcodes to Voyager
- Can Patron Update be used to blank out Title field in patron record?
- How to batch delete Social Security Numbers?
- How to batch delete duplicate patrons?
- Can multiple addresses be updated with patron update?
- Is there a way to mass-populate a default PIN for patrons?
- Is it possible to batch delete patron notes?
Patron file format
Log messages / Troubleshooting
- "INVALID RECORD DATA! It must contain Patron Group 1!Record written to exception file"
- Log message "Current permanent address is protected" after Patron Update
- Patron update log: "The address record has an ending date which precedes the beginning date"
- Patron Update log shows Error Code -1843
- Patron Update produces error "Invalid record size!"
- log.pupd* error: "attempting to update existing barcode with blank barcode"
- Patron update log message "Name Type is missing from input file"
- Record update note_count failure in table "patron" in audit.dat
- Pcircjob 39 Patron Purge does not run from crontab after upgrade
- Patron Purge (XML) gives errors in log and doesn't run
- Patron Purge (XML) giving log4j errors and not running
- NOT DELETED|Database Error when running PpatronPrg
Article last edited: 29-Jun-2016