- Product: 360 Core Client Center
Where can I find release notes and status updates for 360 Core, the E-Journal Portal, and Client Center?
September 14, 2017
We released the following enhancements to the E-Journal Portal/AtoZ list:
User Toggle to Remove Alternate Titles – For libraries that enable alternate titles in search results, some users can be confused by results returned and/or by the alphabetization of results. Users now have the option to toggle on/off the display of alternate titles. (Previously, the display of alternate titles could be set only at the admin level.)
Performance Improvements for Common Search Types – We have done some refactoring to improve response times for some of the most popular (and often slower) search types for the EJP. We expect certain types of searches to return results faster but note that this is part of a series of ongoing performance-related improvements for the EJP which will continue throughout the rest of the year. (Results may vary and might be difficult to quantify – more details to be provided post-release.
For more details, see Ex Libris - 360 Core and 360 Link - Release - September 2017.
June 14, 2017
We released the following enhancements to the Client Center, 360 Services:
The Data Request Form will now accept the special characters * @ - _ + . / as input for text fields like Requestor ID, password, etc.
The provider code will now appear in the Database Details report.
360 Link users can now edit the base URL of the link resolver.
Help links on the DRS pages are now updated.
February 3, 2017
- Improved handling of stop words in “Title contains” searches – results will now display all matches including those with stop words in the title.
December 16, 2016
- Open Access and Peer Review filtering: You can now provide users with the ability to sort search results by Peer Review or Open Access titles. See Additional Options section in E-Journal Portal Administration Console -- 2.0 Results Page Options.
October 28, 2016
- Browser tab can now be customized with library name. See Browser Title section of EJP 2.0 Branding Options.
- E-Journal Portal now has the ability to follow a library's preferred database order as set in 360 Link. See Results Navigation and Style section of 2.0 Results Page Options.
- Multiple fixes to enable all varieties of legacy E-Journal Portal search boxes and links to work properly with E-Journal Portal 2.0.
September 16, 2016
- New ability to add PubMed and DOI search boxes via the Admin Console.
- See PMID and DOI Search Box section of Search Page Options
- Allow separate links to pages for scoped Journals-only or Books-only searching.
- The ordering of the Database List can now be controlled via the admin console.
- See Database List section of Search Page Options
- New DOI/PubMed ID search option set up via admin console
- See PMID and DOI Search Box section of Search Page Options
- Mobile UI clean-up (properly sized search box in relation to search button)
- Top level subject categories are now highlighted when selected so that it is more clear which category has been selected
- Cursor is now highlighted in the search box on page load so users do not need to click in the search box before typing
- Custom text added for all items that were previously missing translations (such as next/previous)
- Ability to translate text for Open Access/Peer Review indicators (note this slightly changes the appearance of the OA/Peer Review from the previous release)
- Ability to add HTML in all custom text
July 29, 2016
- New modern and intuitive user interface and results layout
- Autocomplete type-ahead functionality
- Cover images from Syndetics
- Search Inside Publication feature - Summon scoped search box (Summon subscription required). See Summon Integration section of Results Page Options for details.
- Integrated Ulrich's Journal History and Details (Ulrichsweb subscription required)
- Open Access & Peer Review indicators
- Expanded browsing navigation for Subjects and Databases
- New Integrated Journal and ebook Search options.
- More intuitive page navigation for large results sets.
To start with an overview of the enhanced interface (including Frequently Asked Questions) see Overview of Enhancements Available with E-Journal Portal 2.0.
Use the links below to jump to details about the administrative pages on the new E-Journal Portal 2.0 tab in the admin console:
December 4, 2015
- The user interface will now support Danish and Catalan languages.
September 25, 2015
Full compatibility now exists with Intota's Interlibrary Shared Resources so that the libraries in a 360 Consortium Edition setup can consist of some libraries using the Client Center and some libraries using Intota.
June 26, 2015
- To learn more about the new Intota Assessment reporting interface in relation to 360 usage reports, visit the Training Webinars page and click 360 Management Services. Upcoming sessions of New 360 Usage Statistics on Intota Assessment Platform are listed, along with a recorded training session that is available at the bottom of the page.
- Read about running the reports on the new Intota Assessment platform: 360 Usage Statistics.
May 29, 2015
May 1, 2015
November 24, 2014
We are reaching out today to acknowledge the Client Center performance issues that many of you have been experiencing. We've heard - loud and clear - that system response times are unacceptable, and we share your interest in getting to the bottom of these issues as quickly as possible.
As a result of your feedback, we have assigned a team within our Engineering organization to investigate and address the underlying issues impacting slow response times in Client Center. Latency issues of this nature often require a multi-pronged approach to achieve full resolution, so as we continue our analysis, we ll provide additional details about our plans and a timeline for fixes.
Use the Follow Me (currently not available) feature at the top of this article to receive an email notification when updates are made. As always, you can contact our Technical Support personnel for assistance. The Contact Us menu at the top of the Support Center provides online and phone contact information.
Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue, and for being a ProQuest customer.
December 6, 2013
- New Knowledgebase Notifications Page: Keep your knowledgebase up-to-date and streamline your workflow by staying informed of and responding to changes by using a new Client Center Knowledgebase Notifications page.
September 30, 2013
May 3, 2013
March 30, 2013
- Improved functionality to Overlap Analysis for collection assessment and comprehensive views of your library's entire collection
- New downloadable report with details on all databases in your library's Client Center profile
- New navigation and filtering options in databases' title lists make it easier to find the resources you want, and the ability to more quickly find and work with specific resources
- Swedish translations for the E-Journal Portal
- More fixes and performance enhancements in response to client reports to improve your experience and return-on-investment of 360 Core
Feb. 1, 2013
- Overlap Analysis can facilitate more than 300 databases.
- Other minor fixes to the service.
Dec. 21, 2012
Dec. 1, 2012
- The e-Catalog now supports searches in 360 KB for titles, databases and providers that "contain" the keyword you're searching for (in addition to "begins with" one or more words).
- Holding Details pages (also known as Title Details) now have links to jump directly to the other holdings in the database.
- The E-Journal Portal now supports HAN proxy.
- And many fixes to issues that you, our clients, have told us about!
Sep. 21, 2012
- You can select a new authentication type -- HAN (Hidden Automatic Navigator) -- to affect a working authentication in Summon.
- New options for displaying dates in the Client Center, based on your preferred date format (for example, YYYY/MM/DD or DD/MM/YYYY)
- Ongoing bug fixes, performance enhancements and small changes to Database Management pages to enable better workflow.
July 21, 2012
May 18, 2012
March 13, 2012
March 2, 2012
Jan. 27, 2012
- The Offline Date and Status Editor (ODSE) allows you to quickly update the title status or custom date information for your library. This tool has been upgraded to make it easier for you to edit and work with large batches of title and holdings information, and to more efficiently implement and maintain your collection information in the Serials Solutions Client Center for the purposes of making all of your subscribed services work.
- Improvements to your ability to open files and reports in Excel format that make your use of Serials Solutions tools and information more efficient.
Dec. 3, 2011
Oct. 28, 2011
Sept. 17, 2011
July 15, 2011
- Client Center is available in five additional languages: Czech, Finnish, Norwegian, Polish, and Welsh. These languages were added to the existing languages offered: Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Mexico), French, German, Italian, Dutch, Turkish, Korean, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese.
Customizing MeSH and General Subject-Browse Labels: If your library subscribes to e-books as part of your 360 Core service, and if you currently use the tabbed-view search page, you can customize these subject browse labels for each tab (All resources, E-Journals and E-Books) on the E-Journal Portal. Note that if you have previously customized the label, the customized label will display on your E-Journal tab and your other tabs will display the new default labels. All labels can, of course, be customized further via the Custom Text page.
May 8, 2011
- Customizing database lists in the 360 Core E-Journal Portal: You can configure a list of databases for each tab (All resources, E-Journals and E-Books) on the E-Journal Portal. E-book add-on subscription is required.
- Sorting e-book search results in the 360 Core E-Journal Portal: Patrons can sort e-book search results by date. E-book add-on subscription is required.
- Client Center Home page layout change: A reorganization of the Client Center consolidates management and reporting tools and services into "Management" and "Business Intelligence" sections.
- New "Format" field in Library-Specific Holdings: Libraries can specify, via the Client Center, whether a library-specific holding is print or electronic, to differentiate print from full-text availability within search results.
- MeSH subject headings update: MeSH subject headings now reflect the 2011 dataset.
- Turkish localization of the Client Center: Clients can view the Client Center in Turkish, along with nine other languages.
- Date Created: 9-Feb-2014
- Last Edited Date: 3-Feb-2017
- Old Article Number: 7027