Upcoming Issues to Note
As a reminder, premium sandboxes will be updated in February according to Alma's premium sandbox refresh policy.
Alma Roadmap Highlights
The next version of the Alma Roadmap Highlights document will be published in January 2023.
Next Release Sneak Preview
Select February 2023 Sneak Preview to view the next release sneak preview.
Additional Parameters for Automatic Loan-Renewal Rules
Two powerful new types of parameters can now be used in configuring automatic loan-renewal rules: locations and statistical categories:
- Locations: Location-based auto-renewal parameters make it possible to create distinct rules for locations within individual libraries. For example, items in reading rooms, for which automatic renewal is not allowed, and items in other locations in the same library, for which renewals are permitted, can have different automatic renewal rules.
- Statistical categories: Primarily used for analytical reports, statistical categories are created by institutions and assigned to patrons as required. Examples of possible statistical categories are "Citizenship" (with possible values Australia, Canada, China, and so forth) and "Degree Program" (Bachelor's, Masters, PhD, and so forth). Employing statistical categories as parameters in automatic loan-renewal rules makes it possible to fine-tune auto-renewal rules for the various types of patrons served by the institution.
For additional information, see Configuring Automatic Loan-Renewal Rules.
User Statistical Categories as Parameters in Fulfillment-Unit Rules
Request-Cancellation Reasons Now Customizable
It is now possible for each institution to customize the list of request-cancellation reasons that appears in the dropdown list of reasons when cancelling requests like holds or resource-sharing borrowing requests. The text displayed for each of the standard reasons can be modified, and reasons that are not relevant to the institution can be removed from the dropdown list. In addition, the institution can create up to ten new reasons to add to the dropdown list. These new options enable the institution to create a list of options that only includes reasons that are actually in use in their libraries, thus preventing problems that arise when an inappropriate reason is selected. The list of cancellation reasons can be edited at Configuration menu > Fulfillment > Request Cancellation Reasons. For additional information, see Configuring Request Cancellation Reasons.
Customization of Resource-Sharing Record View and Row Actions List
Users can now customize the task lists of the resource-sharing borrowing and lending task lists by choosing which fields will appear for each item, and the order and locations in which they will appear. In addition, the order of the row actions of each task can now be configured, and options that are not required can be hidden from the list entirely.
These new options add to the flexibility of the task lists, and enable libraries to improve the efficiency of their work by reducing clutter and making the fields required for their workflow easier to locate. Future releases will add additional fields to the task lists, further expanding the configuration options.
Storage Location ID Updates
February 2023 Resource Management
The updates are especially useful for libraries that work with remote storage facilities and hold the storage ID on their physical items in Alma.
Including Item's Storage Location ID in Z39.50 Response
It is now possible to include a physical item's Storage Location ID in the Z39.50 response, when querying the server using the OPAC format. This enables systems that rely on the item's Storage Location ID to expose this information for third party integration using the Z39.50 server.
For more information, see Z39.50 Search.
- Storage Location ID Available in the Physical Items Search Results
The item's Storage Location ID is available to add to the physical items search results page. For more information, see Searching in Alma.
- Storage Location ID Added to the Physical Items List
A new column, Storage Location ID, is now available to add to the items list. For more information, see Physical Items.
Alt Key Menu Keyboard Shortcuts in New Metadata Editor
It is now possible to easily and quickly access the menus in the new Metadata Editor using a keyboard only, to increase cataloging efficiency and ease of use. This is especially useful for catalogers that rely on keyboard shortcuts in their work.
For more information, see Global Alma Hot Keys.
Open GND Authority Records in New Metadata Editor View Mode
Catalogers that do not have sufficient privileges to edit GND authority records (based on cataloging level) can now open the authority records in the New Metadata Editor view mode and perform permitted actions such as duplicate records and others. For more information, see Working with the Gemeinsame Normdatei (GND) Integrated Authority Records.
Show List of All External Resources Instead of a Search
Previously in Alma, the Resource Management Configuration > External Resources only enabled an option to search for a specific resource. Now, Alma enables the option to Show All Resources that lists all available external resources. This allows users to browse through all resources.
For more information, see Configuring External Search Resources.
- Using Normalization Processes When Creating Inventory and POL Using Import Profiles
Previously the inventory and POL mapping in the import profile used the source records from the input file as they appeared in the file. It is now possible to use a dedicated normalization process in the import profile to update the data used in inventory and POL mapping. For example, a library may remove the currency information from the List price field, or add a temporary location information to the field mapped to items. The normalization will only be applied for inventory and for PO Lines, and will not be part of the record when saved to the catalog. For more information, see Creating/Editing an Import Profile: Normalization and Validation.
- Assign Cataloging Level to Imported Records
A new option was added to define the cataloging level assigned to records imported to Alma using the MD import profile.
For more information, see Creating/Editing an Import Profile: Set Management Tags.
New records - assigned with the configured cataloging level.
Matched records - if the existing cataloging level is equal to or lower than the cataloging level configured in the import profile, the cataloging level configured will be assigned to all matched records. Otherwise, records are rejected and reported in the import report.
UNIMARC Profile Updates
- Enhancement of UNIMARC 100 Field Positions 25 and 34-35
UNIMARC field 100 positions 25 and 34-35 now support a closed list of values.
- Enhancement of UNIMARC 101 Field
UNIMARC field 101 has incorporated the following enhancements:
Field 101 has become repeatable
Enhanced the usage of the second indicator
Added support for $2
- Enhancement of UNIMARC Bib 100 $a-j
UNIMARC Bibliographic field 100 subfields a-j now supports a three-letter controlled vocabulary of country codes.
GND Profile Update
Some changes were introduced to the GND format.
Changes were made to the CV lists of the following subfields:
- 065 $a
- 380 $a
- 382 $a
- 667 $a
- 670 $a and $b
Updates to MARC21 Profile
The following MARC21 updates are now available for Bibliographic, Holdings, and Authority profiles:
- Update No. 33, November 2021
- Update No. 34, July 2022
In addition to the periodical updates, included are a few small fixes to the MARC 21 profiles. These fixes are detailed below:
In the MARC 21 Bibliographic profile:
- 383 - removed redundant values in second indicator
- 550 – removed redundant values in Second indicator
- Removed subfield ‘1’ from 880
- 610 $s – changed to Repeatable
- 034 – added subfield ‘0’
In the MARC 21 Authority Profile:
- 100 - Subfields ‘g’ and ‘s’ changed to Repeatable
- 111- Subfield ‘d’ changed to Repeatable
- 130- Updated the first Indicator to Undefined
- 336, 370, 372 – added Subfield ‘0’
- Added field 348
Field 378 updated to Not Repeatable
382 - added subfields ‘e’ and ‘t’
383 - Updated Second indicator to Undefined
- 670 - added subfield ‘w’
- 672 - added subfields ‘4’ and ‘5’
- 700 - Added subfields ‘1’, ‘4’, ‘I’. Updated subfields ‘g’ and ‘s’ to Repeatable.
- 400 – subfields ‘g’ and ‘s’ updated to Repeatable
- 450- added subfield ‘I’
- 500- added subfield ‘1’. Subfields ‘g’ and ‘s’ updated to Repeatable
- 511 – added subfield ‘j’
Control the Availability of Portfolios Automatically at a Pre-defined Date
Two additional fields have been added to the Portfolio Editor screen (as well as to the New Portfolio screen when adding a new local portfolio):
- Available from date - Specifies when the portfolio will be automatically set to "Available."
- Available until date - Specifies when the portfolio will be automatically set to "Not available."
The image below presents the new fields in the portfolio editing screen:
These two fields enable users to set a date which defines:
- When the portfolio will become "Available"
- When the portfolio will become "Not available"
- A date-range in which the portfolio will be "Available"
A daily job (Electronic portfolio availability update) runs every day and checks the dates defined on the portfolios and according to these dates, sets the portfolio as "Available" or "Not available".
These two new fields enable institutions who have electronic collections where they purchase 1 year of access for selected titles to set a date when these selected titles will be set as "Not available".
The Available from and Available until fields were also added to the following:
- Change Electronic portfolio information job
For more information, see Editing a Portfolio Using the Electronic Portfolio Editor.
Ebook Central Upload Electronic Holdings - Addition of Public Access Model Information
Proquest Ebook Central Upload Electronic Holdings integration now includes information regarding the Access Model associated with the electronic resources. The Access Model information passed from Ebook Central is only passed for "Owned" titles. The Access Model information passed from Ebook Central is reflected within the "Public Access Model" field of the electronic portfolio.
The Public Access Model field reflects aggregated information regarding the portfolio's Access Model, see the table below for a few examples of the Access Model reflection in Alma and in Ebook Central:
|Scenario||Ebook Central||Public access model presented on the portfolio in Alma|
|1||Title has access model 1U||1U|
|2||Title has access model 2x1U||2U|
|3||Title has access model 2x1U and 3U||5U|
|4||Title has access model 2x1U and 3U and NL||NL (5U once the NL is over)|
|5||Title has access model 2x1U and 3U and UA||UA|
Any new Public Access Model code and description are added to the Access Model configuration screen (Configuration > Acquisitions > Access Model).
Customers who use the "Old" (ProQuest Ebook Central Upload Electronic Holdings) job WILL NOT benefit from this enhancement and are encouraged to move to the new job.
To maintain the stability of the integration (as there may be many existing portfolios), Alma gradually populates the Public Access Model information for existing portfolios under the relevant ProQuest Ebook Central collection for all institutions (institutions that work with the newer job, only). Be aware that the gradual population process may take several weeks to complete.
Regardless of the gradual population process, newly added portfolios (in the daily update) will reflect this information immediately.
For more information, see ProQuest Ebook Central Upload Electronic Holdings Transition.
Electronic Service - Expiry Date Option for the Service Temporarily Unavailable Message
Today, when the patron clicks on View it to see the services of the resource, they see the Service temporarily unavailable message (if this was set). In order to set this message, a user needs to access the Electronic Service Editor page and set the date and Temporary Unavailable reason.
Within the Electronic Service Editor page, a new field Display unavailable message until date allows the Alma user to set a date where the Temporary Unavailable message will expire and no longer appear in the View it.
This saves the Alma user from the need to proactively move the Display temporarily unavailable message back to No.
The Update collection job was enhanced to add this new field.
For more information, see Activation Tab Options.
MARC 21 to DC Crosswalk Now Configurable
You can now customize the XSL file that maps the MARC 21 to Dublin Core crosswalk. This allows you to determine how MARC 21 records are converted when publishing to Dublin Core or Qualified Dublin Core formats. To support this feature, the new Digital Publishing Crosswalk XSLs link was added to Configuration > Resources > Record Export. To see this link, you must have the Catalog Administrator role with the Digital Publishing Crosswalks privilege selected.
- Select Digital Publishing Crosswalk XSLs (Configuration > Resources > Record Export). The following appears:
Crosswalk Configuration Files
- From the actions button, select Edit for the configuration file. The following appears:
Example Configuration File
- Edit the file and select Save.
The MARC 21 to DC crosswalk is implemented according to your customizations when publishing MARC 21 records to DC.
For more information on publishing, see Publishing and Inventory Enrichment (General Publishing).
Internet Archive Book Reader (IABR) Now Supports Right-to-Left Paging
The Internet Archive Book Reader (IABR) now supports right-to-left paging when reading books in right-to-left languages. To support this feature, the new Paging Direction by Content Language option was added to the Service Details tab when configuring IABR (Configuration > Fulfillment > Discovery Interface Display Logic > Viewer Service > Internet Archive Book Reader).
- ara - Arabicfield
- arc - Official Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
- aze - Azerbaijani
- div - Divehi; Dhivehi; Maldivian
- per - Persian
- fas - Persian
- hau - Hausa
- heb - Hebrew
- kas - Kashmiri
- khw - Khowar
- kur - Kurdish
- pus - Pushto; Pashto
- sam - Samaritan Aramaic
- syc - Classical Syriac
- syr - Syriac
- urd - Urdu
- yid - Yiddish
For more information, see Configuring Right-to-Left Paging for the Internet Archive Book Reader.
Alma Viewer Enhanced to Improve Display of the File
The following adjustments were made to the Alma viewer to provide enhanced focus on the file content:
- The Alma viewer user interface was redesigned to provide more space for file content.
- The Alma Viewer was enhanced to enable you to configure the Contents and Descriptions panes to be collapsed by default and to set a default zoom for PDF files.
This feature is configurable from the new Expand Content Pane, Expand Description Pane, and PDF Default Zoom configuration options located at Configuration > Fulfillment > Viewer Services > Alma Viewer.Expand Content Pane, Expand Description Pane, and PDF Default Zoom Check Boxes
- When the panes are collapsed, the buttons and file label are all located in the same toolbar.
Activation Notes in Electronic Resource Activation Task List
Activation notes are now included in the Electronic Resource Activation Task List (Resources > Manage Inventory > Manage Electronic Resource Activation). An activation note is a note that is added to the PO line of an electronic resource and displayed in the activation task list during activation of the resource, enabling the person creating the PO line to provide relevant information or instructions to the one activating it. They are similar to the Receiving Notes that can be attached to PO lines of physical resources (see Manually Creating a PO Line).
Activation notes can only be created for a PO line in the New Layout of the PO-line task list (see New Layout 2023; Purchasing - New Layout), but they are displayed in the Electronic Resource Activation Task List regardless of which layout is in use. In addition, if a PO line for an electronic resource was migrated from another system, and it had a receiving note attached to it in the previous system, the content of that receiving note appears as an Activation Note in Alma.
For additional information, see Manually Creating a PO Line - New Layout.
Improve the UI/Discoverability of the License Terms Translatable Text Area
Alma has improved the UI/discoverability of the translatable text area for License Terms. A globe icon is added, that when clicked, opens a screen similar to regular translatable fields. The UI will be populated based on the contents of the text area, and when closed, will add the correctly-formatted text to the text area.
For more information, see Managing Licenses and Amendments.
Library-Level Statistical Categories
A new option, library-level statistics, has been added to Alma, and is available in institutions in which library independence has been established (see Library Independence). When this option is activated for an institution, statistical categories can be assigned to patrons per library. In this case, an owner library is added to the properties of each statistical category that is assigned to a patron. Only users whose roles are scoped to the owner library can see or access the statistical categories it owns. Statistical categories that are outside of a user's scope are not displayed to them when they view user information or retrieved in searches they perform, and are excluded from jobs and API calls they execute.
Entity Type Dropdown in Simple Search
February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure
Librarians can now quickly select the entity type they are searching (in simple search) by starting to type its name and having it auto-complete in the field. This is especially helpful in saving time when the dropdown is long.
Moreover, this ability reduces mousing - making simple searches more accessible. For more information, see Performing a Simple Search.
New Analytics User Interface
The Alma Analytics user interface was redesigned with several enhanced features that improve the display of information and simplify many procedures and workflows:
- The options and layout when selecting Analytics from the Main Menu was enhanced:
- At the top of the area, a list of your favorite reports and dashboards appear:
Main Analytics Link Options
- From the My Analytics area you can access the Analytics Object list (if you have the relevant role) and display the new Shared with Me page where you can view the reports to which you have access:
Shared with Me
- From the Create Analysis section, you can select the renamed Access Analytics link to create reports and access out-of-the-box reports and dashboards.
- At the top of the area, a list of your favorite reports and dashboards appear:
- The Analytics Object List was redesigned:
Analytics Object List
- Each object can now be subscribed to, scheduled, added as a widget, and marked as a favorite.
- Visual indicators mark the objects as Subscribed, Scheduled Report, Added as a Widget, and Report in Favorites.
- Additional information appears for each object, such as the subject area the report or dashboard is from, the user who created the object and the date created, and the user who modified the object and the date modified.
- New functionality is now available for Analytics Objects, including:
- Editing an analytics object in split view, so that you can keep the list of objects open while you edit:
- Easily adding multiple subscribers to an object from the manage subscription page:
- Viewing a preview of the report or dashboard so you can confirm the functioning of the reports:
- Editing an analytics object in split view, so that you can keep the list of objects open while you edit:
For the complete description of the features of the new Analytics Interface, see Working with Analytics Objects.
For a description of the options on the Analytics menu, see Navigating Analytics.
Send Patrons Their User Data by Email
Alma User Managers can now send patrons the complete XML record of the data stored about them in their user accounts, including attachments, from the Alma User page. The XML file is sent to the patron's preferred email as an attachment to the Personal Information Letter. For additional information, see Managing Users.
API-Key Support for Multiple IP Ranges
The existing security feature that uses API keys to limit access to Alma has been expanded. When employing this feature, customers create an API-key in https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/manage/keys/, and then specify IP addresses from which requests can be accepted. Requests from IP addresses that are not included in the list of accepted IP addresses are rejected by Alma. Previously, Alma API keys could only be configured to accept requests from individual IP addresses or a single range of IP addresses. They can now accept multiple ranges of IP addresses; the ranges must be defined in CIDR format ([first IP address in range]/[number of IPs in the range]), and separated by commas - e.g., 22.214.171.124/27, 126.96.36.199/15.
Access to Letter Components Added to the API
Access to Code-Table Translations Added to the API
Search for Reading List by List ID
You can now search Reading lists by List ID in Alma.
List ID searches are not currently included in All searches. This option will be available in a later release.
For more information, see Reading List Search Fields.
User-Information Pop-Ups in New-Layout Task Lists Are Now Available and Customizable
In the New Layout of the Resource Sharing borrowing-request and lending-request task lists, assignee and requester names are now buttons that, when selected, open pop-ups in which additional user information is displayed. Alma users can thus quickly access information such as a requester's user group or contact details, but the information does not clutter the display when it is not needed. For additional information, see New Layout 2022.
Which user information appears in these pop-ups can be configured by the institution. Thus, one institution may choose to display physical addresses and personal phone numbers in the pop-up, while another chooses to hide this information, but includes user groups and email addresses. For additional information, see Configuring User Information for Pop-ups.
- February 2023 Resource Management URM-179343
To assure a more accurate look-up of Series title and Uniform title, the access point of UNIMARC fields 410/411 and 500 will lead to the relevant entries based on a type defined in the 154 $a field.
- February 2023 Resource Management URM-178894
Libraries can now configure more flexible scheduling for general publishing.
- February 2023 Physical Resource Management URM-171615
The publishing to OCLC was enhanced to handle the reported instability of connections with OCLC FTP servers, where OCLC servers fail to receive files. The following is the enhancement:
- If a file fails to be uploaded to the FTP server due to server instability, the publishing job will complete with errors. The job report will detail that the connection to OCLC’s FTP server failed, and it will be possible to download the failed files from the job report, so they are not lost.
- February 2023 Analytics URM-180834
It is now possible to have the data anonymized in the following fields of the System Events subject area:
To request that these fields be anonymized, contact Ex Libris support.
- Event Details > Event Key Value
- Event Details > Event Creator
- Security Events > Accessing User ID
- Security Events > User ID
- February 2023 API
For import jobs that have run, a report showing the source file that was imported can now be generated through the API, given the Job ID. For additional information, see Configuration and Administration.
- February 2023 API
The Linked Data section of bibliographic records now includes Creator and Contributor Wikidata links when they are available. For additional information about linked data, see Linked Data in Repository Search Results; Linked Data.
- February 2023 Analytics SF: 05299713 05460695 06464393 06484214 URM-182644
The Electronic Collection Bibliographic Details dimension was added to the E-Inventory subject area. The fields of this dimension enable you to create reports that contain information concerning the bibliographic details of electronic collections. This is especially useful for reports concerning collections without portfolios. The fields of this dimension are the same as in the Bibliographic Details dimension found in many subject areas with an added prefix of E-Collection Bib.
For more information, see Electronic Collection Bibliographic Details.Watch the Bib Details of E-Collections in E-Inventory Analytics Reports video (1:20 minutes).
- February 2023 Analytics URM-182402
The names of the Fund Ledger dimension and the following field names were changed to remove the word Ledger from their name to more accurately describe the information they display. The term Fund Ledger refers to a parent fund, while these fields display information at both the parent and child level. Note that any existing reports that use the old field names continue to work.
The changed dimension and field names are located in the Funds Expenditure, Purchase Requests, Physical Items, and E-Inventory > Cost Usage subject areas.
New Name Old Name Fund (Dimension) Fund Ledger Fund Code Fund Ledger Code Fund ID Fund Ledger ID Fund Name Fund Ledger Name Fund Status Fund Ledger Status Fund Owner Code Fund Ledger Owner Code Fund Owner Name Fund Ledger Owner Name Fund Name Fund Ledger Name Parent Fund Code Parent Fund Ledger Code Parent Fund ID Parent Fund Ledger ID
- February 2023 Analytics URM-182443
The names of the following fields in the Fund Expenditure subject area were changed to clarify that they display the name of the user:
New Name Old Name Dimension Invoice - Approver Name Invoice - Approved By Invoice Line License Modifier Name License Modified By PO Line License License Creator Name License Creator PO Line License
- February 2023 Analytics URM-184286
The Statistical Category field (Users > Statistics) now displays the statistical category description and not the statistical category code. Any report filters that are based on the statistical category code may need to be updated.Watch the Additional Analytics User Statistics video (1:16 minutes).
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves URM-180474
When copying a citation, the Created by on the new citation is attributed to the user who copied the citation.
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves URM-153988
For consistency and clarity, the Brief Display Request Status label is now labeled Citation Status to match the Citation Status facet label and the data in analytics.Brief Display Citation Status
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves URM-178004
The List Last Set to Complete Date field was added to the Reading Lists dimension in the Leganto Student Usage, Leganto Instructor Usage Events, and Course Reserves subject areas. It displays the most recent date that the reading list was set to complete.
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves SF: 06454739 URM-177711
The Citation Hidden Links field was added to the Citations dimension of the Leganto Student Usage and Leganto Instructor Usage Events subject areas and the Reading List Citations dimension of the Course Reserves and Purchase Requests subject areas. It indicates if there are hidden links in the citation.
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves URM-175007
The Reading List Type field was added to the Reading Lists dimension in the Leganto Student Usage, Leganto Instructor Usage Events, and Course Reserves subject areas. It indicates if the reading list is designated as the parent list. Possible values are Parent and blank (no value).
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves SF: 06481498 URM-178971
The Start Page 2 and End Page 2 fields were added to the Citation Metadata Details dimension of the Leganto Student Usage, Leganto Instructor Usage Events, and Course Reserves subject areas. They display an additional start and end page.The Number of Pages field now displays the number of pages between the Start Page and End Page fields and the Start Page 2 and End Page 2 fields.
In addition, the names of the Article Number of Pages, Article Start Page, and Article End Page were changed to Number of Pages, Start Page, and End Page.
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves URM-179659
The following field names were changed in Analytics for better clarity and consistency:
New Name Old Name Location Course Created By Course Creator
- Course Reserves > Courses
- Leganto Student Usage > Reading Lists
- Leganto Instructor Usage > Courses
- Requests > Request for Course
Reading List Created By Reading List Creator
- Course Reserves > Reading Lists
- Leganto Student Usage > Reading Lists
- Leganto Instructor Usage > Reading Lists
Number of Suggestions Leganto List Num of Student Suggestions
- Course Reserves > Reading Lists
- Leganto Student Usage > Reading Lists
- Leganto Instructor Usage > Reading Lists
Section Created By Section Creator
- Course Reserves > Leganto Reading List Sections
- Leganto Student Usage > Reading List Sections
- Leganto Instructor Usage > Reading List Sections
Citation Created By Citation Creator
- Course Reserves > Reading List Citations
- Leganto Student Usage > Citations
- Leganto Instructor Usage > Citations
- Purchase Requests > Reading List Citations
Number of Files Downloaded Number of Files Download Leganto Student Usage > Student Usage Number of Student Comments Students Discussions Leganto Student Usage > Student Usage
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves URM-180468
For Norwegian customers, files available from Bolk now only display to students when permitted according to the permissions set in Leganto. For example:
- Files for citations that are not marked as complete do not display to students
- Files only display when access to materials is allowed according to the publishing visibility
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves URM-180928
The No List Expected field was added to the Course dimension in the Leganto Student Usage, Leganto Instructor Usage Events, Course Reserves, and Requests subject areas. (Possible values: Checked and Unchecked). It indicates if the No List Expected checkbox is selected on the course record in Alma or not. For more information on this checkbox, see Indicating that Courses Deliberately Have No Reading List.
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Resource Sharing URM-166608
When scanning in an item on the lending side (Fulfillment > Resource Requests > Scan In Items), emails were not sent to the borrower. When an email address is configured for the Printer Details (Configuration > Fulfillment > General > Printers), the Resource Sharing Shipping Slip is now emailed.
- January 2023 Analytics URM-180923
In continuation of the December release, an additional five statistical categories are now available to be reported on in Alma Analytics in the following additional locations:The additional statistical categories added to Fulfillment > Borrower Details are only available with data added going forward.
- Borrowing Requests > Requester
- Fines and Fees > User Details
- Fulfillment > Borrower Details
- Requests > Requester
- January 2023 Analytics URM-180834
It is now possible to have the data anonymized in the following fields of the System Events subject area:
To request that these fields be anonymized, contact Ex Libris support.
- Event Details > Event Key Value
- Event Details > Event Creator
- Security Events > Accessing User ID
- Security Events > User ID
- January 2023 Analytics URM-177583
The Available From Date and Available Until Date fields were added to E-Inventory > Portfolio. They display the start and end dates that the portfolio is available.
- January 2023 Analytics URM-181807
The Label and Label History fields (Borrowing Requests > Borrowing Request Details and Lending Requests > Lending Request Details) are now available to Alma customers. They display the customized labels added to borrowing and lending requests and the history of label deletions.
- January 2023 Analytics URM-152264
The Loan Hour field was added to Fulfillment > Loan Date. It indicates the hour of the loan in 24 hour format.
- February 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06469678 06563250 06583362 06419522 URM-182010
The user‘s preferred language would not always be used for the Document Delivery letter. This was fixed; the user‘s preferred language is now used for this letter.
- February 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06353800 URM-174497
Previously, when a digitization request for an article was created from a borrowing request, the start page and end page information was not included in the Note field of the digitization request as it should have been. This was fixed; when page information exists in a borrowing request, it is copied into the Note field of the digitization request created from the borrowing request.
- February 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06498528 URM-180660
In the new layout of the Resource Sharing Borrowing Requests task list, when the Request Renew action was selected for a borrowing request, the due date was not extended as it should have been. This has been fixed; the due date is now extended as it should be, based on the configuration settings of the library.
- February 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06251453 URM-177077
In some cases, NCIP checkout messages would reactivate completed lending requests instead of creating new ones. This was fixed; new lending requests are created in response to these messages, as appropriate.
- February 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06262527 URM-173988
Previously, when the link resolver received a link for an OpenURL service page from Proquest with the genre dissertations &· theses, it did not associate this genre with the existing Alma ‘dissertation‘ genre, as it should have. This has been fixed; the link resolver now associates the Proquest dissertations &· theses genre with the Alma ‘ dissertation‘ genre.
- February 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06491901 06488627 06558899 06556429 06425145 06490679 URM-179796
1. Previously, returning an item from a different institution in a fulfillment network failed if the item was overdue and the Block When Overdue policy was configured with an Open Days unit of measurement. This was fixed; items from other institutions in the fulfillment network can be returned in this situation. 2. Previously, overdue blocks were incorrectly calculated according to the opening hours of the loaned at library instead of the owning library. This was fixed; overdue blocks are now calculated based on the opening hours of the owning library, as they should be.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 05305634 06317089 05379079 05330117 06553131 06216825 06291791 06052518 05889492 06241463 05515659 URM-105572
FRBR key ‘ Author+Title‘ does not match when the title differs due to multiple spaces not being compressed into a single space in FRBR keys. This was fixed. To have the expected behavior, customers must run the Recalculate Operation job.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 05317595 URM-163717
Primo VE getit iframe in Leganto displayed the Primo VE footer. This was fixed and the footer is no longer displayed.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06400066 URM-175277
Records that are not available but have an available related item display the wrong availability location. This was fixed and the correct location is now displayed.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06553519 06535660 06580494 06521420 06552808 06556936 06576970 06552530 06555075 06547620 06556146 URM-180827
Non-Open Access Quicklinks were not proxied even though proxy configurations were set. This was fixed and now the Access Quicklinks are proxied.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06519069 06571218 06569916 URM-183118
Open Access record backlinks are proxied despite being configured as Do not proxy OA records. This was fixed and backlinks with Do not proxy... enabled will not be proxied.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 05332005 05302909 05309184 06050493 05333230 05310481 URM-128540
MARC21 > 7xx authority records containing subfield $$e. The subfield is duplicated when linking it to the bib record. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06596075 URM-184033
Manual Locate job report stated Failed to get results for Z39.50 Locate Profile. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06569850 URM-183537
The Metadata Import job of type update inventory was stuck in finalization when the PO Line was not part of a PO or the PO Line did not have an invoice number populated. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06531604 06478093 URM-178773
The defined subfields in the profile for the MARC21 bibliographic 377 field is incorrect. This was fixed and the subfields are corrected to align with the Library of Congress.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06558656 URM-182199
KORMARC - The Korea government agency (38-39) dropdown field in 008 is missing some values. This was fixed and now all allowed values are displayed in the dropdown.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06548112 URM-182080
SBN Alignment - Scheduled job fails with no response from the server. This was fixed and the scheduled job now connects to the external system.
- February 2023 Resource Management SF: 06620612 URM-185116
Alma - Z39.50 returned corrupted data in OPAC format. This was fixed by changing the customer parameter "rs_log_debug_enabled" to false.
- February 2023 Physical Resource Management SF: 06257235 06336295 URM-168856
Alma displayed the wrong information in relinking item/holding notification message, the message was: Holdings: <the library name of the first Holding>: <location of the first Holding>; <Call Number of the first Holding> was deleted. This was fixed. The message now displays the correct information about the deleted Holding.
- February 2023 Physical Resource Management SF: 06520548 06553060 URM-181633
The accession number configuration table is corrupted when the prefix of the sequence includes a special character. This is fixed and the table is no longer corrupted.
- February 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06424641 URM-126900
When the portfolio loader created local portfolios for portfolios not found in the Community Zone, the downloadable Actions report still displayed Localize and Activate in the Action column. This is fixed and it will now display Create local portfolio, to differentiate these portfolios from ones that are activated from the Community Zone.
- February 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06242982 URM-170718
When an institution is not using the functionality for limiting electronic inventory actions by library, some portfolios were automatically and incorrectly inheriting libraries from their collection. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06450644 06445135 URM-180730
Portfolio loader failed to load portfolios with ISBN that contain spaces in the uploaded file. This was fixed and files are now uploaded without error.
- February 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06377246 URM-180790
Portfolio > Edit > Attach to an electronic collection > Recently used button, the drop-down menu was cut off. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06443353 06544588 URM-179762
After inputting the required information into the Alma Digital Uploader, no collections are listed even though collections exist in the PSB. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 05317185 URM-159754
The files of a representation were not displayed properly and could not be downloaded. This was fixed by upgrading the PDF viewer.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06419740 URM-175956
In the Alma Viewer, for representations with multiple PDFs, selecting the Next File button did not move you to the next file in the representation. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06411231 URM-176049
When PDFs were uploaded to Alma in bulk using a digital import profile, they were not displayed properly in the Alma Viewer. This was fixed, and now they are displayed properly.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06464735 URM-180125
The following issues in the Universal Viewer were fixed:
• Could not copy embed code from the viewer to create an iframe in an external resource
• Zoom/position coordinates (xywh values) were missing from the URL (viewing position could not be captured by share link) • Could not load manifest to most IIIF viewers when pasting to prefixes
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06396152 URM-180303
Remote digital repository content embedded in the Alma Viewer was not displayed. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06477247 URM-181428
When viewing a digital representation using the Waitlist feature, if a user pressed the Esc key when a session expired, the digital representation would continue to be available indefinitely and a number of concurrent users in excess of the access rights would be possible. This was fixed by disabling the Esc key.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06545503 URM-181780
Some PDF files were displayed with a significantly lower resolution in the Universal Viewer compared to the Alma Viewer. This was fixed by increasing the default resolution from 0.7 to 1.0 to enhance image clarity.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06572017 URM-183185
If a digital representation had an access right that prevents it from being downloaded, the text of the PDF could still be selected and copied using CTRL+C. This was fixed and now selecting text is disabled.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06506760 URM-183742
A digital file was not displayed properly in the Alma Viewer. This was fixed by the PDF upgrade.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06574114 URM-184445
Persian script in PDFs was not displayed properly. This was fixed by the PDF upgrade.
- February 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06544588 06443353 URM-179762
After inputting the required information into the Alma Digital Uploader, no collections are listed even though they exist. This was fixed and collections are now displayed in the list.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 05314976 06213159 06560540 URM-149433
Advanced search for PO Lines by PO Status did not work correctly when a Vendor Code was also included in the search criteria or selected in a facet. This was fixed; searching by PO Status and Vendor Code now works correctly. This fix requires full indexing of PO lines in SOLR.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06426289 URM-180831
Previously, a user whose account was expired in Alma could create a purchase request in Primo. This has been corrected. Now, if a user whose account is expired tries to create a purchase request in Primo, an error is returned.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06317573 URM-175543
Previously, performing a Receive action on a PO line for multiple copies of the same item caused all the items included in the PO line to be received, even if some of them had previously been received. As a result, previously received items that were on loan or in transit were "received" again, and the loan or transit status was cancelled. This was fixed. The Receive action now skips items in the PO line that were already received.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06411162 URM-176429
Previously, if a PO line for a subscription was in the claims list because some of the issues in the subscription were not received by their expected dates, although other issues were already received, changing the expected dates of the issues that were not yet received to dates in the future did not remove the PO line from the claims list. This was fixed. When the expected dates of issues that were not yet received are all changed to be in the future, the PO line is removed from the claims list.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06472470 URM-178213
Previously, the PO Line - Fiscal Period Rollover job failed when more than 1000 lines were processed by it. This issue was corrected as part of a reworking of the entire process, which has now been automated.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06467159 URM-181899
Previously, if the fund for the next fiscal period was not created before the Rollover PO Lines job was run, the job added rows in the PO line‘s History tab with Net price 0.00 and List Price 0.00. This issue was corrected as part of a reworking of the entire process, which has now been automated.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06508689 URM-180291
Previously, when the information in a vendor‘s EDI tab was changed, an error message appeared when the changes were saved (although the changes were, in fact, saved). This was fixed; an error message no longer appears when changes to a vendor‘s EDI information are saved.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06357647 URM-172531
The EDI-Load Files process sometimes attached invoices to deleted vendor accounts. This process now only attaches invoices to active vendor accounts.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06469156 URM-178128
Previously, when the Get Bib API was used at a Network Zone level with expand=e_avail, it only returned the AVE fields for the Network Zone, but not those for each member institution. This was fixed; the AVE fields are now returned both for the Network Zone and for all of the member institutions.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06463693 URM-180350
When an electronic portfolio with a static URL was created in the Network Zone using the API, the link to the URL could not be opened from the Institution Zone unless the portfolio was first opened and saved in the portfolio editor. This issue was fixed; now a portfolio that is created using the API with a static link can be accessed immediately after it is created, as expected.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06473890 URM-182593
The Get User Fines and Get User Fees APIs did not display the correct VAT amounts. This has been fixed; the VAT amounts are now displayed correctly.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06486933 URM-180345
Previously, the Update Holding endpoint performed extremely slowly in some cases. This was fixed; the endpoint now functions at the expected speed.
- February 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06442929 URM-177772
Previously, the MMS API for deleting bibliographic records from the Network Zone returned the generic INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR error code when the Institution Zone had inventory for the same bibliographic record. Now, an error message that indicates the specific reason for the failure to delete the record is returned in this case.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06518491 06518520 URM-182486
Previously, when the integration profile was configured with the Extended Fines and Fees extension, if a patron attempted to make a payment via SIP2 when no fees or fines were outstanding, a confusing error message was displayed. This message has been replaced with a No matching fee found message.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06219258 URM-180368
SAML expiry mail is not sent to the address defined in the integration profile. This was fixed and the SAML certificate notifications are now sent to the defined contact email address.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06054332 06601777 06590944 06507541 06498452 06511662 URM-167855
Printing more than one printout from the Printouts Queue didn‘ t operate well with some fonts. This was fixed and now the printing adheres to custom CSS styles.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06254632 URM-166837
Exported Excel files were automatically formatted with a maximum column width of 100 pixels which was too wide for some screens. This was fixed by reducing the column width to 80 pixels.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06433402 URM-181125
The Manage Patron Services / Recent button doesn't t display the recent search of users as expected. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06603047 06612116 URM-185139
SFTP connection to BDS FTP server started failing after the latest upgrade of ftp.bdslive.com. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06525046 URM-182690
Parts of the Update From Central Catalog job report were only in English. This was fixed and it will now be translated into the preferred language.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06520653 URM-183442
License terms values are not translated when using the Catalan UI on Primo VE. This was fixed by adding the code table LicenseTermsPermittedProhibited to the TranslationData mapping table.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06504057 URM-180128
When editing the Ex Libris system in the Resource Sharing integration profile, the selected schedule was not saved. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06602162 URM-184040
Save itemized set in network jobs are running very slowly. This was fixed by removing the progress bar updating (the green indication that can be observed during the job run under the Monitor Jobs > Running tab), which caused this slowness.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06528130 06533727 06574320 06403493 06052807 06272848 URM-163869
Digital files are not displayed properly by Web browsers. Additionally, the files are slow to load or do not load at all. This was fixed by upgrading the pdf.js to latest (v2.14.305) to resolve issues with PDF delivery.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06260874 URM-167281
Alma Digital PDFs uploaded to PSB do not fully display in Primo VE PSB. This was fixed with a PDF development upgrade and users can now view all PDF pages.
- February 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06381672 URM-173100
PDF pages not displayed - possibly related to old pdf.js version. This was fixed and users can now view all of the PDF pages.
- February 2023 Analytics SF: 06453099 URM-183509
When a report was created with the Primary Identifier field, not all of the Barcodes were displayed. This was fixed.
- February 2023 Rapido SF: 06465645 06250757 06429479 06559986 URM-166557
Multiple messages in Verification note section from RapidILL create borrowing requests will be presented instead of only showing the first one.
- February 2023 Rapido SF: 06544847 URM-181143
If there is an OCLC number (with OCLC prefix) we set the number as OCLC number (well-known system=4) and if there is no number with the OCLC prefix we set it as other standard id.
- February 2023 Rapido SF: 06506030 06450014 URM-177064
Book chapters from primo will not be calculated in the Total Copyright Work Percentage.
- February 2023 Fulfillment - Course Reserves SF: 06550768 URM-181862
In some cases, the Recent Changes tab indicated that the was no content even though there was content. This was fixed.
- January 2023 API SF: 06561715 06564755 URM-183635
With the November 2022 release, REST APIs used with JSON were unintentionally modified in two respects, which may have caused applications calling the APIs to fail. Therefore, those modifications have been reverted to their former states, as follows: 1. Empty fields returned as "null" will once again be omitted. 2. Enumeration-based fields, such as request_status, that returned textual descriptions such as "On Hold Shelf," will once again return codes such as ON_HOLD_SHELF.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 05328544 URM-147849
Public access models could not be added to portfolios in the PDA repository because the portfolio was updated from the PO line before the linkage of the public access model took place. This was fixed by changing the code so that the linkage occurs before the portfolio is updated.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 05314647 06439695 06333864 06457150 06429680 URM-162092
When PO-line itemized sets contained more than 900 items, opening a page of the task list that was supposed to display members number 900 or above caused an error. This was fixed. All pages of PO-line itemized sets now display properly, even if the set contains 900 members or more.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06368555 URM-177333
In certain cases, when an API call was used to retrieve purchase requests, an internal server error was generated. This failure was traced to a null PO line, and the problem was resolved.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06340434 06545401 05301789 URM-178132
When an item that was previously received, so that its PO line had the receiving status 'Yes,' was scanned a second time at the Acquisitions department, its receiving status reverted to 'No.' This was fixed; scanning a received item a second time does not change its receiving status.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06519374 URM-180538
The properties displayed for a PO line indicated that it had interested users, but no interested users actually existed for it. This was traced to a data-corrector issue, which was fixed.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06525896 URM-180651
When a PO line was created for a portfolio license upgrade, the MMS ID of the portfolio was not saved in the PO line. This was fixed; the MMS ID of the portfolio is now saved in the PO line of the license upgrade.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06395491 URM-176361
Invoice searches for invoice numbers that contained certain configurations of special characters failed to locate the invoices as they should have. It was determined that the error was caused by a normalization process that removed special characters from invoice numbers in a faulty way. This was fixed; normalization of this type is no longer performed, and the invoice numbers are saved as is, with the special characters included.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06382103 URM-173482
When a particular user attempted to move funds within a ledger hierarchy in the the Funds Transfer Page, an error occurred, causing either a blank screen or irrelevant data to be displayed. It was found that this error occurred when the user sorted the list of funds by any column other than 'Type,' which caused the query to the database to be corrupted. This was fixed; the query is no longer corrupted when the table is sorted by any of its columns, and moving funds within the ledger hierarchy works as it should.
- January 2023 Acquisitions SF: 06557509 06213175 URM-171974
In the Manage EDI Tasks list, when filtering for a particular Response Date Range, the filtering failed and an error message was displayed. This was fixed; filtering the Manage EDI Tasks list by Response Date Range now works as expected.
- January 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06485543 URM-180184
When editing a default Rule and clicking Cancel, the changes are still saved. This was fixed and changes are only saved after clicking the Save button.
- January 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06325157 URM-171670
In some languages, an error appeared when trying to dismiss all tasks from Community Zone Update Tasks List. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06368660 URM-175896
The actions available for Physical holdings records are sorted in a different order in different releases and environments, with no apparent consistency. This was fixed. The order of the actions on the list is now consistent between releases.
- January 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06295513 06267960 URM-171279
Users in a digital waitlist were not notified when their item was available. This was fixed and now a daily system maintenance job notifies the user that the item is available.
- January 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 06359250
URM-182052When assigning new DARA recommendations, an Oops error was displayed. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Administration and Infrastructure SF: 05302586 URM-171345
In the "Recommendations on job" report, the IDs are now separated by a space and a comma.
- January 2023 Analytics SF: 06426789 URM-177474
When adding fields from Fines and Fees > Staff Operator Details to reports not all data was displayed. This was fixed, and now all data appears as expected."
- January 2023 API SF: 06552293 URM-182012
Previously, the Retrieve-Letter API failed with an Internal Server Error for letters that did not have an XSL template. This was fixed; the Retrieve-Letter API now works correctly even for letters that do not have XSL templates.
- January 2023 API SF: 06473890 URM-182593
The Get User Fines and Get User Fees APIs did not display the correct VAT amounts. This has been fixed; the VAT amounts are now correct.
- January 2023 Cloud Apps SF: 06514523 URM-182638
The Multiple Item Edit Cloud app was allowing the editing of items by users who did not have the required Physical Inventory Operator role for the relevant scope. This was fixed. The Update Item API now checks the scope of the user's Physical Inventory Operator role before performing an action. If the user doesn't have the proper scope, the item is not updated.
- January 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06499792 URM-180591
The Universal Viewer is configured to not allow users to download videos, but users were still able to download videos. This was fixed by preventing the Save As menu from appearing when right-clicking the video.
- January 2023 Digital Resource Management SF: 06519750 URM-181629
New digital copyrights statements added by the customer under Configuration > Fulfillment > Copyright Management > Copyrights Statements - Digital did not appear in the Copyrights field drop-down list under Configuration > Fulfillment > Copyright Management > Access Rights. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Digital Resource Management URM-177029
PDF.js was upgraded to the latest version (v2.14.305) to resolve issues with PDF delivery.
- January 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06340451 05327330 URM-164275
Extended export failed if a portfolio or collection's license had been deleted. This issue was fixed and Extended export works correctly.
- January 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06317072 URM-170531
Upload holdings scheduled job skips since the Distribute Resource Sharing Member Configuration job is enabled and running at the same time. This was fixed and the distribute resource sharing configuration job will not block the upload electronic holdings job.
- January 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06424449 06412133 06492138 06595180 06563317 06402571 06338698 URM-177319
The Upload Electronic Holdings Job for Ovid was not activating all of the relevant portfolios in the input file. This was fixed and now all relevant portfolios in the input file are activated.
- January 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06481447 URM-178672
When the user clicked on Save for the first time in the portfolio editor, a change in the coverage statement field was recorded in the history tab without any changes made by the user. This issue was fixed.
- January 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06481670 06487846 URM-178949
The Link Resolver Usage Analytics for Electronic Collection Name displayed the Interface Name instead of the Electronic Collection's Public Name. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Electronic Resource Management SF: 06513533 06480900 URM-180399
A bug in the Upload Electronic Holdings job prevented matching for some ISBNs. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06509132 06465328 URM-180404
It was not possible to check out Fulfillment Network (FN) items on self-check machines that send Alma an Item Information message before sending the Checkout message. This was because Alma only supported FN items in Checkout and Check-in messages. The issue was fixed by adding support for FN items in Item Information messages. Note: The Item Information response for FN items only includes the 'title' and 'owner' item fields.
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06478892 URM-180562
Previously, the Fulfillment > Manage In Process Items page did not enable users to choose how many items to display per page; a maximum of 20 items was displayed. This was fixed, and the page now offers pagination options.
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 05312724 URM-158766
In the Fulfillment > Manage Patron Services page, in the Requests tab of a patron, the order of the options in the 'Task' dropdown list changed arbitrarily. This was fixed; the list is now in alphabetical order in every language.
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06517349 06504182 06564653 06502652 06567809 URM-180808
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06389698 URM-173984
Under certain circumstances, if a circulation desk assigned to handle a patron request used the Skip Location option to reassign the request to a different circulation desk, Alma's confirmation message showed the ID number of the new location rather than its name. This was fixed; the location name is now shown in the confirmation message.
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06488346 06353076 06447887 06457136 06504406 06239189 06515020 URM-178308
The Alma Link Resolver failed to return a related service when the institution did not have a required service. The problem arose when information about related services was in the Community Zone. This issue has been fixed; the Link Resolver now returns related services that are active in the institution based on relationships that are defined in the Community Zone.
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06559054 06521087 06453571 06038384 URM-178762
Changes that were made to user accounts in the Network Zone when user accounts are centrally managed were not consistently distributed to the Institution Zone. This was fixed; changes to user accounts that are implemented in the Network Zone are now reliably distributed to the Institution Zone.
- January 2023 Fulfillment SF: 06504717 URM-180534
Previously, some Overdue and Lost Item jobs failed due to location codes that contained special characters. This problem was fixed; special characters in location codes no longer cause this job to fail.
- January 2023 Fulfillment - Resource Sharing SF: 06373844 06465218 06422934 06388482 06476218 URM-173294, URM-178147
Previously, the Resource Sharing Completed Request Cleanup job would fail when there were a large number of requests to process. This problem was fixed; the job now runs properly even when there are a large number of requests.
- January 2023 Fulfillment - Resource Sharing URM-181809
In the New Layout of the resource-sharing borrowing-request list, in the Details pane, the publication date of a requested book or book chapter, and the page numbers of a requested book chapter, only appeared for physical resources. This information now also appears for digital book and book-chapter requests.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06379248 URM-173032
An error resulted when 'Push Selected to MDE' button was pressed when adding a title to a collection. This was fixed and the 'Push Selected to MDE' button was removed from adding titles to collections.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06433257 URM-178224
Japanese: The U+202F NARROW NO-BREAK SPACE character was not converted to a normal space character (as was already done for U+3000 IDEOGRAPHIC SPACE (also known as double-width space)). It has now been added to the list of character conversions done when the customer parameter solr_searching_language = jp.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06426835 URM-176958
Display of Additional Staff Search Fields does not support special characters. This was fixed and the fields now support special characters.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06463158 URM-178076
Creating a set using an Excel file with empty lines caused an error. This was fixed and these lines are now skipped.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 05315795 URM-144627
New Metadata Editor: Clicking CMD + click for rows multi-selection in the editor in macOS does not work. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06288070 URM-170939
When testing a normalization rule, changes made without saving in the bib record are not considered in the preview. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 05331510 URM-178777
New Metadata Editor: When the CP 'font_for_special_characters' is enabled, the font size is smaller. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 05301855 URM-163297
There were some values of the KORMARC control-field 008 that were missing for the rare book record type. This was fixed and all values were added.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06372926 URM-172328
New Metadata Editor: The 'expand from template' menu action was incorrectly enabled for Community Zone records. This was fixed and the menu action is now disabled in such cases.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06546700 06560319 06546746 06513152 URM-181539
New Metadata Editor: When a user with the correct role tries to duplicate a template, the new template can’t be saved or edited. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 05302909 05309184 05310481 05332005 05333230 06050493 URM-128540
MARC21 > "7xx authority" records containing subfield $$e. The subfield is duplicated when linking it to the bib record. This was fixed.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06207291 URM-166575
Analytics is lacking the labels for 2 values in the Authorities Heading Subject details (Chronological Subdivision, General Subdivision). This was fixed. The labels have now been added.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06338499 URM-173886
Linked 880 fields were using punctuation rules for 8XX fields instead of from the linked field. This has been fixed.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06513357 URM-180669
Metadata configuration list - Authority vocabularies list was not displayed when there was a local authority of type 'DCMI'. This was fixed and now the authority vocabularies list is displayed.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06333927 URM-175574
For some users, opening the 'Monitor and View Imports' page took a long time. This was fixed. The loading time for this page was enhanced and the performance was improved.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06441333 URM-176702
Sequence number Maintain job: When running on a set that includes more than one record, the sequence number was not updated in the database. This was fixed. Saving sequences that already existed in the DB (compare based on prefix and sequence number), will 'skip' over all the existing sequences instead of creating duplications. In addition, the Job report will reflect all the skipped sequences.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06345071 URM-171219
Records marked for merge are sometimes not merged correctly in Alma. This was fixed. Two new counters were added to the job report for the SBN alignment jobs: 'Record not merged - non-preferred record doesn't exist in Alma' and 'Record not merged - preferred record doesn't exist in Alma'. This should reduce the number of records that are included in the 'Failed to merge records' without explanation.
- January 2023 Resource Management SF: 06548112 URM-182080
SBN Alignment job - Adding a new schedule option was added (everyday at 20:00).